+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for PR from a country different from my home country

quisefr

Jun 15, 2011
I am presently residing in India but this is not my home country . Can I apply for Quebec PR from here or do I have to go back to my home country and apply there?

Thank you

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Find out whats the law from applying from India and if possible apply from there.

quisefr

Jun 15, 2011
Thank you. There is nothing about the law from applying from india on CIC website.
Do you any websites i might find this kind of informations?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to go anywhere to apply. You do it through the mail.

You are always allowed to pick the visa office responsible for your home country but if you are living in another country (such as India) with at least a 1 year visa, you may also pick the visa office responsible for that country. Just write in your application which visa office you prefer.

ali_abrar558

Sep 2, 2011
hey my dear sir or miss iam living in italy my home country is pakistan ithink iam go back to my country but i dont want iam living in my country can you are help me for canada visa from italy or when iam going back my country please some help me becouse ihave no more option obout my life i think i am verry happy in canada this option i have about my life. you are help me i pray for you not help me no problem i allways pray for all people ok thanks

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
Hi Leon,
I am now here in canada for just couple of months, Under a spousal category. my Husband is canidian..
planning to sponsor my sister mybe next year but i start doing my research now.. my sister is working in dubai for 5 yrs. now..my question is, if i am ready to sponsor her, where do we process her application? is it in manila office sisnce we are filipino or in Abu Dhabi bcoz shes working in Dubai for years now...
Thanks in advance...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LITTLEJAI said:
Hi Leon,
I am now here in canada for just couple of months, Under a spousal category. my Husband is canidian..
planning to sponsor my sister mybe next year but i start doing my research now.. my sister is working in dubai for 5 yrs. now..my question is, if i am ready to sponsor her, where do we process her application? is it in manila office sisnce we are filipino or in Abu Dhabi bcoz shes working in Dubai for years now...
Thanks in advance...
Usually you can't sponsor siblings. What province do you live in?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can sponsor your sister under PNP but only if you live in Manitoba or Saskatchewan and have been living there for a year and your sister also needs to meet certain conditions for education, work experience, English skills and funds.

There is an option to sponsor an adult sibling under the federal system but only if you have no relatives in
Canada and no other relatives alive that you would be allowed to sponsor. Since you are married, this option is not open to you.