+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for PR after high school?

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by Anik1204, Oct 23, 2019.

  1. I am an international student, currently studying in Grade 12.
    I wanted to know that after high school graduation, can I apply for PR?
    If not, Can I apply for PR after completing a diploma or degree from a private university?
  2. No - not possible to apply right after high school. You would need to get at least a year of full time paid work experience after you get a degree or diploma. Stay away from private schools - no path to PR through those. Stick with public schools.
  3. So I will be going to Bow Valley College after my high school graduation on Software Development Diploma, which is a 2 years course. Can I apply for PR / PGWP after my diploma?
  4. You'll be able to apply for a PGWP but not PR. You need work experience after your studies are finished to qualify for PR. Assume you'll need at least 1 year of full time and paid work experience in a skilled occupation.

Share This Page