+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for PCC (for Canadian Citizenship) from India?

Sep 23, 2023
Hi
I am and Indian passport holder and Canadian PR applying for Canadian citizenship next week. Here are some key dates

1. Soft landing in Canada for PR: End of May-2018
2. Final move to Canada as PR: End of Jun-2020

I spent the time between my soft landing and my final move in India (>180 days). After I made the final move to Canada in Jun 2020, I have not spent more than 180 days in India. I am travelling to India from early Oct to early Nov. I had 2 questions

1. Do I need to get a PCC from India? I have spent >180 days in India in the past 4 years, but that is also my country of origin
2. If yes, can I apply for PCC from the Passport Office website in India while I am visiting there? Or do I need to initiate the PCC application here in Toronto (using BLS)?

Thank you in advance
Roshan

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi
I am and Indian passport holder and Canadian PR applying for Canadian citizenship next week. Here are some key dates

1. Soft landing in Canada for PR: End of May-2018
2. Final move to Canada as PR: End of Jun-2020

I spent the time between my soft landing and my final move in India (>180 days). After I made the final move to Canada in Jun 2020, I have not spent more than 180 days in India. I am travelling to India from early Oct to early Nov. I had 2 questions

1. Do I need to get a PCC from India? I have spent >180 days in India in the past 4 years, but that is also my country of origin
2. If yes, can I apply for PCC from the Passport Office website in India while I am visiting there? Or do I need to initiate the PCC application here in Toronto (using BLS)?

Thank you in advance
Roshan
Better to apply from BLS

Sep 20, 2020
My citizenship application requires PCC. I had travelled to India and returned on May 30th, 2023. Just before leaving, had applied for PCC from India only. PCC issued has date printed June 5th 2023 which is after I reached Canada. Will it be valid? Some people say its compulsory to apply from within Canada through BLS. Is this true?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My citizenship application requires PCC. I had travelled to India and returned on May 30th, 2023. Just before leaving, had applied for PCC from India only. PCC issued has date printed June 5th 2023 which is after I reached Canada. Will it be valid? Some people say its compulsory to apply from within Canada through BLS. Is this true?
It won’t be valid. PCC date should be after your exited the country
At the time of PR application didn’t you submit the Indian PCC ?
if yes and you have not stayed in India for more than 183 then I don’t think you need a new PCC.
Read the PCC requirements examples here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html