+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for express entry from outside Canada as a PGWP holder?

MoHadhrami

Jun 5, 2018
Hi All,

My 3 year PGWP has been approved while I was away from Canada and I am currently visiting the UAE on a visit visa.

Can I apply for express entry while I am here and then enter Canada on my PGWP in a few months? Or is it better to wait until I am in Canada and apply as an inland applicant?

Will I be allowed to enter Canada if I have a pending EE application? And would I be able to complete the application if I am approved after? I am planning to go to Canada in July.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can apply for EE and enter if you have your name in the pool. To enter Canada on your PGWP, you need a TRV and either a valid job offer or proof you normally live in Canada. Proof is rent you are paying, utility bills, car loans etc.

Reactions: MoHadhrami

MoHadhrami

Jun 5, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

Let's suppose I submit my EE profile get the invite and submit my application for EE. While it is processing for 6 months or so, would I be able to enter to Canada under my PGWP status? What happens if it is approved while I am in Canada?

Thanks for your help. I am just unsure if I should just wait and submit my profile from within Canada or use this time.