+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for EE without having Lmia?

samiomar

Mar 24, 2015
Hello guys
I have a question
Im a full time student doing my Phd in second year here in Canada. I was planning to apply for the PhD stream but they have change the rules.
Now, I have my master credential from WES already and I have 3 years experience as TA in my university. I got 7 in Iletes. when I try Am I eligible to apply I found that Im eligible. But when I tried to count the points I found my self just 350. which means as I understand Im not qualified because the need higher points.
My question is Should I apply or not at this time?
2- I know a friend who has a cleaning company and he said I can hire you but he doesn't know about Lmia procedure. So Should I ask him to apply for Lmia for me or not? how that works?

thanks So much Im new to this matter

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
samiomar said:
Hello guys
I have a question
Im a full time student doing my Phd in second year here in Canada. I was planning to apply for the PhD stream but they have change the rules.
Now, I have my master credential from WES already and I have 3 years experience as TA in my university. I got 7 in Iletes. when I try Am I eligible to apply I found that Im eligible. But when I tried to count the points I found my self just 350. which means as I understand Im not qualified because the need higher points.
- Still you are eligible , No where it is mentioned that you required minimum so and so points.

My question is Should I apply or not at this time?
2- I know a friend who has a cleaning company and he said I can hire you but he doesn't know about Lmia procedure. So Should I ask him to apply for Lmia for me or not? how that works?

thanks So much Im new to this matter

Sreeni01

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2015
Nomination.....
28-August-2015
AOR Received.
17-October-2015
Med's Done....
19-October-2015
350 is not bad score.

Apply in EE and enter the pool.

Meanwhile ask you friend to do proper LMIA.

Its a process where he must study well and do as he is doing it for the first time. And for each NOC there are some minimum wages assigned, If your frnd mentiond less than the minimum wage in offer then LMIA will nt be given.

So ask him to study well about the process and proceed further.

And he must spend some amount from his pocket for this LMIA. Ask him whether he s ready to sponsor.

LMIA is not mandatory. You may even get ITA before he compete his process.

First enter the pool.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sreeni01 said:
350 is not bad score.

Apply in EE and enter the pool.

Meanwhile ask you friend to do proper LMIA.

Its a process where he must study well and do as he is doing it for the first time. And for each NOC there are some minimum wages assigned, If your frnd mentiond less than the minimum wage in offer then LMIA will nt be given.

So ask him to study well about the process and proceed further.

And he must spend some amount from his pocket for this LMIA. Ask him whether he s ready to sponsor.

LMIA is not mandatory. You may even get ITA before he compete his process.

First enter the pool.
The first issue is what skill level the job would be. If it is low skilled then it will not give you additional points for EE. It must be in the O,A or B skills.
LIMA costs $1000 if you plan to work before getting PR and your friend would have to prove he was unable to hire a local.

samiomar

Mar 24, 2015
Thank you my friend,
I will apply tomorrow and see what will happen mean while I was reading about Lmia but it is just confusing from CIC website.
is there another website you that might help better to get a close idea?
thank you

Sreeni01

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2015
Nomination.....
28-August-2015
AOR Received.
17-October-2015
Med's Done....
19-October-2015
samiomar said:
Thank you my friend,
I will apply tomorrow and see what will happen mean while I was reading about Lmia but it is just confusing from CIC website.
is there another website you that might help better to get a close idea?
thank you
Hi

Check this 2 links,

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/applying-for-lmo.aspx

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/work/labor-market-impact-assessment/

Regards,
Sreeni01

Sreeni01

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2015
Nomination.....
28-August-2015
AOR Received.
17-October-2015
Med's Done....
19-October-2015
samiomar said:
thanks all of you guys, you are amazing :)
Welcome !!

Try to ask your friend for LMIA for us too :p

Just kidding...

All the best !!

Regards,
Sreeni01