+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for EE while studying in Quebec?

neo-mashiro

Jul 28, 2019
Hello guys,

I'm currently studying in Quebec as an international student. My study permit is valid until August 2021 and I expect to graduate in May 2021.

I recently learned about the EE immigration program and would like to give it a try. I already have all the required documents, my current score is 470 so I think there could be a chance for me, but I wonder if I should apply now or wait until I graduate and leave Quebec.

I don't speak French and I don't have time to learn it from scratch, so my intention is to live and work in other provinces after getting my PR via the EE-FSW entry. The tricky part is that I currently reside in Quebec, which makes it difficult to prove my intention of leaving Quebec, but anyway it doesn't hurt to try this out. The real problem is, I don't know if I can continue my studies in Quebec if I got the ITA, in that case, do I have to drop out of the university and leave Quebec immediately? What are my options?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

I'm currently studying in Quebec as an international student. My study permit is valid until August 2021 and I expect to graduate in May 2021.

I recently learned about the EE immigration program and would like to give it a try. I already have all the required documents, my current score is 470 so I think there could be a chance for me, but I wonder if I should apply now or wait until I graduate and leave Quebec.

I don't speak French and I don't have time to learn it from scratch, so my intention is to live and work in other provinces after getting my PR via the EE-FSW entry. The tricky part is that I currently reside in Quebec, which makes it difficult to prove my intention of leaving Quebec, but anyway it doesn't hurt to try this out. The real problem is, I don't know if I can continue my studies in Quebec if I got the ITA, in that case, do I have to drop out of the university and leave Quebec immediately? What are my options?
If you receive ITA and submit your application, at some point IRCC will contact you to state that you must provide evidence that you plan to live outside of the province of Quebec. This will be tricky to prove if you are studying there now and your program doesn't complete until 2021.

If you are serious about moving ahead with EE, consider switching to a non-Quebec university now to avoid problems later.

Reactions: neo-mashiro