+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Apply For Canadian Residency?

VicFirth2011

May 2, 2010
I was wondering if I can apply for the Canadian Residency. I am currently illegal in the U.S, I am 17 years old but will soon be 18 on May 9. I am now attending High School as a junior (11th Grade). Next year I will be a Senior and after I graduate from High School, I am going to attend Washington State University, once i get accepted there I will join their music program and major in Music. Now, my concern is that I am NOT legal in the U.S. and I want to move to Canada and hopefully get a job in Music Teaching or Music Composition. My parents also aren't legal in the U.S., I know I am not older than 21 but, if I was to give it a try and ask for more information about becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident, would my parent's also be able to apply? My father has been here since '96 and my mother and I since '97 and they have never been charged for any felony or have never been arrested, and they were not arrested or caught by the U.S. Border Patrol when they came to the U.S. In my case, what would be the best thing to do? I would LOVE to live in Canada! Please give me some advice.
I would really appreciate any help or advice. :D

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
VicFirth2011 said:
I was wondering if I can apply for the Canadian Residency. I am currently illegal in the U.S, I am 17 years old but will soon be 18 on May 9. I am now attending High School as a junior (11th Grade). Next year I will be a Senior and after I graduate from High School, I am going to attend Washington State University, once i get accepted there I will join their music program and major in Music. Now, my concern is that I am NOT legal in the U.S. and I want to move to Canada and hopefully get a job in Music Teaching or Music Composition. My parents also aren't legal in the U.S., I know I am not older than 21 but, if I was to give it a try and ask for more information about becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident, would my parent's also be able to apply? My father has been here since '96 and my mother and I since '97 and they have never been charged for any felony or have never been arrested, and they were not arrested or caught by the U.S. Border Patrol when they came to the U.S. In my case, what would be the best thing to do? I would LOVE to live in Canada! Please give me some advice.
I would really appreciate any help or advice. :D
Ask your parents whether they can apply for CA PR. You're too young. If they can't, the best option for you is to marry a Canadian citizen living in the US. I guess you can't attend a Canadian school because your status is illegal in the US.

VicFirth2011

May 2, 2010
Thanks For The Advice! It Really Helped! Okay, So My Parents Went To The Canadian Embassy In Seattle & Yes, They Are Eligible To Apply For The Canadian Permanent Residence Since They Were Both Asked By The Company They Are Currently Working For To Move Into Canada Where My Dad Will Continue To Work As An Orchard Manager. One Of Their Requirements Was For My Parents Was To Be Bilingual Which They Already Are. The Bad Thing Is That I Will Have To First Graduate Form High School, Attend WSU For At Least 1 Year & Then Transfer To University Of British Columbia. Hopefully Everything Goes Well & I Can Become A Canadian Resident. I LOVE Canada!!

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Have you been to Canada ?

What makes you think to move to Canada when you are already there in USA.

Do you just want to move to canada so that you illegal status goes off ?

haipandu8

Apr 4, 2010
mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
your parents can apply

VicFirth2011

May 2, 2010
Yes, My Parents Can Apply & So Can I. & No, I Don't Want To Move To Canada So My Illegal Status Goes Off. If I Wanted To Do That, I Could've Done Another Country But I Believe That Canada Is One Of The Best Places Where I Can Have A Job & Live The Life I Have Always Wanted. I Have NEVER Been To Canada Before But I Do Have Family That Lives Up There & From The 17 Years They've Been Living Over There, I Have Never Heard A Bad Thing About Their Living Condition/Status. They Love That Place.

[shibuya] Unfortunately I Was Born In Mexico :/ & Yes, I Am Mexican.