+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for BOWP???

jangsoonie

Mar 27, 2015
Hi there, my PGWP is expiring on 2015/09/29 and I won't be nominated for my AINP until then (2014/07/28 submitted).
I read through the forums and it seems that I can apply for BOWP to extend my work permit if I have received AOR.
However, 1 lawyer/2 representatives that I've met all said I won't qualify for BOWP because I have not been nominated yet..
They all say that LMIA is the only way for me to extend my work permit (and that it would not be a favorable outcome for my job NOC: 1414).

I am quite confused that all these 'experts' would be wrong but then again, there are people on this forum that have gotten BOWP who are in a similar situation as I am.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
Yes, the lawyers are correct, that is one way of doing it. You will also need a pnp support letter for BOWP. Note that the AOR has to come from CIC (when you submit your PR application) not AOR from the PNP Office. I am in a similar situation to you and have called CIC numerous times and they all confirmed the same thing. You can also extend your work permit (without AOR) but your employer will have to fill in IMM5802 and pay a compliance fee.

jangsoonie

Mar 27, 2015
I only received AOR from PNP and not CIC. However i have submitted my application for PR in July 2014. Wouldn't they able to access my AOR from CIC through their database? How are you planning on extending your work permit?

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
Im not sure how the database works but I know the AOR letter is part of the checklist. But I read in the forum you can submit a cover letter with your BOWP application asking that they check the database... Maybe you will have better luck receiving your AOR soon. I applied for PR in Feb 2015 and my PGWP expires in May 2015....

I'm Praying my employer will fill in IMM5802 and pay the fee, they are still reviewing it.
If not I think I am screwed. I may have to reapply under CEC Express Entry but I have to leave.

PS thats quite a while to have not received your AoR yet, have you followed up. They say its 10-12 weeks

jangsoonie

Mar 27, 2015
Wait so you have been nominated for your PNP or no??

And your employer is unwilling to go through the LMIA process for you?

I just talked to an immigration lawyer and I an inelligible for BOWP since I haven't been nominated for AINP yet...
So my only option he says is LMIA...

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
Yes I have received my nomination and applied for PR. I am LMIA exempt so my employer doesn't need to request an LMIA for but they do need to fill in imm5802 (LMIA exemption) this came to effect on Feb 21.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
sabc said:
Yes I have received my nomination and applied for PR. I am LMIA exempt so my employer doesn't need to request an LMIA for but they do need to fill in imm5802 (LMIA exemption) this came to effect on Feb 21.
How were you able to know if you're LMIA exempt and to fill out IMM5802 or not? Is it because we are on PGWP that we are exempt? Mine expires on Aug 2016 (haven't even applied to PNP yet) but I'm already panicking because the processing times keep getting longer and longer... Need to start thinking about my options, haha.

sabc

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
I am LMIA exempt because I received my PNP nomination. You better start, they keep changing the rules and making everything difficult.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
sabc said:
I am LMIA exempt because I received my PNP nomination. You better start, they keep changing the rules and making everything difficult.
Mailing my application tomorrow! Praying this goes smoothly, although I doubt it...

Phillfin

Apr 25, 2015
Hi I just received my nomination from AINP and my Work Permit is expiring on May 16th (i really wasn't expecting to get it before my work permit expired). I was on the Employer Driven - international graduate category.

I am on a post graduate work permit. What are the steps to extend this?

As I just received my nomination yesterday I will not have the AOR from CIC by May 16th - but have the certificate of nomination.