+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a work visa if I already have an Express Entry pending? Outland applicant

Agie971

Aug 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I just found out about this program that I wish I had heard of earlier called the francophone mobility program. I already have an PR pending that I would hear back from in june if there was no covid.

I would like to apply for the visa for multiple reasons: I hear processing times for EE that take more than a year and a half currently. EE holders can't come in the country at the time but it seems working visas holders can. In case my PR is denied for some mistake I made in my application I'd like to be able to apply again from inland and show Canadian Experience to increase points as I will start losing points for my age starting this year.

I heard dual intent is okay but what if I miraculously get EE faster than expected and the visa as well would that be a problem?
If I had known I would have probably tried for this visa two years ago....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

So I just found out about this program that I wish I had heard of earlier called the francophone mobility program. I already have an PR pending that I would hear back from in june if there was no covid.

I would like to apply for the visa for multiple reasons: I hear processing times for EE that take more than a year and a half currently. EE holders can't come in the country at the time but it seems working visas holders can. In case my PR is denied for some mistake I made in my application I'd like to be able to apply again from inland and show Canadian Experience to increase points as I will start losing points for my age starting this year.

I heard dual intent is okay but what if I miraculously get EE faster than expected and the visa as well would that be a problem?
Yes, you can apply for a work permit. There's no issue if you get EE faster.

Reactions: Agie971

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi everyone,

Yes, you can without any problems whatsoever. Just make sure if you get ITA and file a complete application before applying for WP, then you need to mention it in your WP application that you have already applied for PR in Apply for Canada Wizard.

I hope it helps!

Reactions: Agie971

Agie971

Aug 26, 2020
Yes, you can without any problems whatsoever. Just make sure if you get ITA and file a complete application before applying for WP, then you need to mention it in your WP application that you have already applied for PR in Apply for Canada Wizard.

I hope it helps!
Okay good to know thank you for your answer!