+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a work permit ??? I ,ve already applied for a PR at Boffallo NY

MMH

Feb 22, 2007
Hello:
I am a J1 visa holder in USA
I applied for a PR At Boffallo NY on Nov/06.
I got a job now as a physician in Toronto? Can I apply for a work permit?????????
What is the waiting time in Buffalo
any help is appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Can I apply for a work permit ??? I ,ve already applied for a PR at Boffallo

Hi

MMH said:
Hello:
I am a J1 visa holder in USA
I applied for a PR At Boffallo NY on Nov/06.
I got a job now as a physician in Toronto? Can I apply for a work permit?????????
What is the waiting time in Buffalo
any help is appreciated.
Yes, as long as you have an approved LMO from the employer, and are able to get a license to practice in Ontario, then there is no reason why you can't get a Work permit.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Can I apply for a work permit ??? I ,ve already applied for a PR at Boffallo

Hi

softncool said:
What is LMO PMM?
Thanks in advance
Cool
Labour Market Opinion, which the employer obtains from HRSDC see: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/tohrdcassess.shtml

PMM

MMH

Feb 22, 2007
Hi PMM:
I Talked to my employer and they will provide me with the positive LMO in one month from now.
I am supposed to start working thier in July/07. Do you think I can get my PR before that.I applied on Nov/06.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

MMH said:
Hi PMM:
I Talked to my employer and they will provide me with the positive LMO in one month from now.
I am supposed to start working thier in July/07. Do you think I can get my PR before that.I applied on Nov/06.
Unlikely as Buffalo is taking 18-31 months to process applications (already processed) and the time is going up.

PMM

MMH

Feb 22, 2007
Hi PMM:

Look What I found in lawyer David Cohen website:

"If you find work in Canada you can generally expect to receive your Canada Immigration Visa in less than one year; and at some Canadian Immigration Visa Offices, in less than six months. Canadian Immigration Visa Officers give priority to your application if you have Arranged Employment because they know there is a Canadian employer waiting for you to start your job in Canada"

As I said prevoiusly I got a job offer and I will get the LMO shortly. will this speeden my PR application time.I applied on NOv/06. I am supposed to start on 7/07.

Regards
MMH

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

MMH said:
Hi PMM:

Look What I found in lawyer David Cohen website:

"If you find work in Canada you can generally expect to receive your Canada Immigration Visa in less than one year; and at some Canadian Immigration Visa Offices, in less than six months. Canadian Immigration Visa Officers give priority to your application if you have Arranged Employment because they know there is a Canadian employer waiting for you to start your job in Canada"

As I said prevoiusly I got a job offer and I will get the LMO shortly. will this speeden my PR application time.I applied on NOv/06. I am supposed to start on 7/07.

Regards
MMH
Only an AEO (Arranged Employment Option) that your employer obtains from HRSDC will speed up the application in London, and sometimes Sydney. It doesn't do much good in Buffalo.

PMM

suheyl

Mar 23, 2007
pls. help us

hi. this is suheyl I have daugther her name is jessica she is canadian, she 5 years old and we wanna come there for her education but we were reffuge there 3 years ago but we came back to Turkey please help to us how can we come there? We are waiting your advice

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: pls. help us

HI

suheyl said:
hi. this is suheyl I have daugther her name is jessica she is canadian, she 5 years old and we wanna come there for her education but we were reffuge there 3 years ago but we came back to Turkey please help to us how can we come there? We are waiting your advice
YOu would have to apply as a skilled worker. If you were removed from Canada you will also have to deal with that as well in your application.

PMM