+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a Student visa inside Canada while on Valid Visitor Visa?

Danijordan

Mar 28, 2016
Hello Guys,
I do have little bit similar situation.
I have got an invitation from one university to attend a short summer course and am processing my visa.
In the meantime I have got admission from one University which requires study permit.Once I land there for short term course
Is it possible for me to process my study permit ?
If I am going to process the study permit I shall miss the short term course because of time constraints.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pochfaye0704 said:
Hi, what if I'm here in Canada now with a WORK VISA but is going to expire soon, can I apply for a student visa from within Canada?
1. Yes, if you qualify.

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes, if you qualify.

Thank you PMM for your reply. Do I still need to prove that I have strong family ties in my home country?

sandyvu1509

May 7, 2016
hellokitty15 said:
My visitor visa will gonna expire this June. And I am planning to apply for a student visa while inside Canada. Although I hold a multiple visa entry, I just don't want to come back and forth here in Canada, as I am also maximizing my expenses, if I will apply in my home country.

I have a friend of mine, who also had applied for a student visa while on a visitor visa 9 years ago, and she was granted. Do you think, it is still applicable today?

Please Help. Thanks

Hi HelloKitty15, I'm in the same situation and I'm from Vietnam as well, if you see this post, please help me out of this situation. Have u applied successfulor not? Can you give me some advices pleaseee!!! I really need your help :(( My email is sandyvu1509@gmail.com. Any chances you can contact me I will be very appreciated. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much!