+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply CEC with my GF? Thanks for help.

jxh89

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-07-2013
Med's Request
01-02-2014
We both are international students,and graducated from NAIT.The thing is I almost got the 1 year woking experience ,but my girlfriend still can't find a job yet.And her work permit will expire in July 2015,which I think she can get enough experience before that.Question is ,Can I apply the cec with her under the common-law? We have been together almost 2 years,and living together almost 1 year.Not marry yet. OR someone can tell us the best way to get the PR? Thank you so much!

b.h.a.b.e.s

Star Member
Mar 27, 2010
yes u can there is no harm in trying

A common-law partner Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.
Common-law partners must attach any documents that show they are in a committed and genuine relationship, for example, evidence that they share the same home, that they support each other financially and emotionally, that they have had children together, or that they present themselves in public as a couple.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jxh89 said:
We both are international students,and graducated from NAIT.The thing is I almost got the 1 year woking experience ,but my girlfriend still can't find a job yet.And her work permit will expire in July 2015,which I think she can get enough experience before that.Question is ,Can I apply the cec with her under the common-law? We have been together almost 2 years,and living together almost 1 year.Not marry yet. OR someone can tell us the best way to get the PR? Thank you so much!
You can only include your girlfriend once you have been living together for a minimum of one full year. If you haven't lived together for a full year yet then you can't include her because you're not yet common law. The only other alternative is getting married.