+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN I APPLY AS A LPN FOR FSW

cpoor

Jun 18, 2014
Hi !
Since last year I am planning to apply as a NURSE under the FSW program. My question is under what job I should apply, according to my knowledge I am eligible as a LPN, but without a licence in Canada, can I directly apply as a LPN (also know that these exams are only be taking in Canada)

Thank you
Cpoor.

cpoor

Jun 18, 2014
alexblatnoi said:
Unfortunately you are not eligible to apply as NURSE. You have to have minimum of BSN in nursing. Good luck.
I think you got me wrong.I have a diploma in general Nursing(3 years) and +4 years of work experience in NICU.. still waiting for an answer

Thank you!!!

alexblatnoi

Nov 22, 2012
I do not know what general nursing means. In US and Canada there is no such thing is a general nursing. You either obtain associate in Nursing (2 years program + 1 year additional courses) or Bachelor in Nursing (4 years). You can only apply for immigration if you have Bachelor in Nursing or higher education.

cpoor

Jun 18, 2014
alexblatnoi said:
I do not know what general nursing means. In US and Canada there is no such thing is a general nursing. You either obtain associate in Nursing (2 years program + 1 year additional courses) or Bachelor in Nursing (4 years). You can only apply for immigration if you have Bachelor in Nursing or higher education.
thanks for immediate reply, diploma in general nusing is the only qualification offering by Sri Lankan government to become a nurse in a government hospital, in private sector they are limited as 6 to 12 months. for the nurses who want to carry it up to a degree level - have to follow a course in Open university with 3 years of work experience followed up the diploma, after all to complete this final year in Open university takes (3 to 7) years of study, in minimum 10 years some one can take BSc nursing in SRI LANKA.
In my case I successfully finished 3 years diploma, then 3 years of experience and 1st year of the open university degree, simply I got 2 more years to continue, but there are so many Sri lankan nurses are migrating to Canada with having their diploma and sufficient work experiences.
My question is without having a provinces licence as a LPN can I apply under LPN job category ?? much appreciate the answer :D