+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply as a dependent with my wife who will go for master studies in Canada

saqi244

Dec 16, 2011
hi, I am doing MSc research in geological sciences from Durham University UK, almost I will complete in june,2012. i have a 4 yrs bachelor degree in petroleum and gas engineering from U.E.T Lahore Pakistan. I have my fiancee in Pakistan. She recently completed her 4 yrs bachelor degree in telecom engineering. Now we want to go at Canada. which category suits us best. no one of us has work experience of 1 yrs as for no study gap we have until now.i don't know what we should do..one case is that she could apply for msc degree on study visa and i should go with her as a dependent (spouse). I will have much chances of getting open work permit...now what will happen when she completed her msc..???/ i don't know..pls suggest an optimized case for us ..furthermore, tell me please which country we should file a visa...from UK or from pak..which suits best..and when we should get married.?..does it affect on our visa....many thnx

saqi244

Dec 16, 2011
hi, I am doing MSc research in geological sciences ( Enhanced Oil Recovery using CO2) from Durham University UK, almost I will complete in june,2012.I am here on student visa, thats going to expire on aug,2012. i have a 4 yrs bachelor degree in petroleum and gas engineering from U.E.T Lahore Pakistan. I have my fiancee in Pakistan. She recently completed her 4 yrs bachelor degree in telecom engineering. Now we want to settle in Canada.Please give me any route map which suits us both.... which category suits us best. no one of us has work experience of 1 yrs as for no study gap we have until now.but we have both a lot of internships..i don't know what we should do..one case is that she could apply for msc degree on study visa and i should go with her as a dependent (spouse). I will have much chances of getting open work permit...now what will happen when she completed her msc..Huh/ i don't know..pls suggest an optimized case for us ..furthermore, tell me please from which country we should file a visa...from UK or from pak..which suits best..and when we should get married.?..does it affect on our visa.... which one should do MS, she would take MS admission in university of Regina in telecom...while if she does not succeed then i had already admission for master in petroleum engg in Uni of Alberta..which one should do master,,moreover i have an option to do PhD in canada too while i have master degree from Durham university UK.......I am too much confused......Ur suggestions would inevitably attract my admiration..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saqi244 said:
hi, I am doing MSc research in geological sciences from Durham University UK, almost I will complete in june,2012. i have a 4 yrs bachelor degree in petroleum and gas engineering from U.E.T Lahore Pakistan. I have my fiancee in Pakistan. She recently completed her 4 yrs bachelor degree in telecom engineering. Now we want to go at Canada. which category suits us best. no one of us has work experience of 1 yrs as for no study gap we have until now.i don't know what we should do..one case is that she could apply for msc degree on study visa and i should go with her as a dependent (spouse). I will have much chances of getting open work permit...now what will happen when she completed her msc..???/ i don't know..pls suggest an optimized case for us ..furthermore, tell me please which country we should file a visa...from UK or from pak..which suits best..and when we should get married.?..does it affect on our visa....many thnx
Hi, Yes your wife can apply for a study permit. If she get approved, then
her spouse (you)can get Work permit for a period valid for the same period of time as her study permit.

Please note: Accompanying spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for an open work permit, which means they do not need a job offer or a labour market opinion from Service Canada.

You can apply for a work permit if:

* She is a full-time student at:
* a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d'enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
* a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
* a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.

* She have a valid study permit