+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I applied for Two Canada Study Permits at the same time

nhillary

May 21, 2023
My application has been delayed for 10 weeks now. I am contemplating applying for another permit without withdrawing the first one

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Tbh 10 weeks is not that long so it could be there taking this long becauae they are going to approve you eventually. Then again it depends on when you want to leave. If its fall intake u applied for i suggest u wait a bit more

Reactions: nhillary

nhillary

May 21, 2023
Tbh 10 weeks is not that long so it could be there taking this long becauae they are going to approve you eventually. Then again it depends on when you want to leave. If its fall intake u applied for i suggest u wait a bit more
It's January 2024 intake, but I am just concerned because the processing time for study permit is 7weeks

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
It's January 2024 intake, but I am just concerned because the processing time for study permit is 7weeks
its been 7 weeks since I applied for a study permit and I havent gotten a response yet like a lot of people around here so i think your safe unless its starting to get too close to when you want to leave

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
If it is 2024 Intake, and has only been 10 weeks and we are in May 2023, why are you considering making another application? to increase backlog and taking another officer's time instead of dealing with other application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Posted processing times are averages and often incorrect. Your processing time is very typical. Would compare your application timeline to others with same citizenship not the posted estimated average time on a website. If you reapplied you would just start the waiting process all over again but for a new application and would duplicate the work unnecessarily for IRCC. The processing times are unlikely to be much different on another application. Why would you send in the same application twice? I fail to see how this would benefit your case?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
NO !! do not lodge another study permit application or even withdraw the one in progress. You have alot of time on your hand, give it some time. People have even waited for 16 weeks and then received positive results.