+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I also apply with EE?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
My husband and I applied through the self-employed stream in November of 2020. Looks like we’ll be waiting a long time still. Are we allowed to also create an EE profile? Would that profile work for both of us or do we need to pick one of us? If that’s the case, can that person add a spouse onto the application?
Have any of you applied also through EE? If we were to get nominated by a province, are we required to live in that province and for how long? Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband and I applied through the self-employed stream in November of 2020. Looks like we’ll be waiting a long time still. Are we allowed to also create an EE profile? Would that profile work for both of us or do we need to pick one of us? If that’s the case, can that person add a spouse onto the application?
Have any of you applied also through EE? If we were to get nominated by a province, are we required to live in that province and for how long? Thanks!
Yes, you can create a profile. You need to determine if you are eligible for EE based on your age, language (IELTS), education (ECAs) and skilled work experience. You need at least 67 points to be eligible and a CRS score of at least 480. There has not been a FSW draw in over a year so scores will be high. For PNPs, you need to be eligible for that province with NOCs that are in demand. As for living there, you must show that you are searching for a job and can't find one. If you can't then you leave. However that is the last of your concerns as you must be eligible for EE and have a high enough CRS score to be invited.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
I am eligible to apply. However, my CRS number is fairly low (due to age and no work experience IN Canada). Could it hurt to create a profile?? Worst that happens is that nothing happens (no ITA), right? Just looking for other options out there for permanent residency :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am eligible to apply. However, my CRS number is fairly low (due to age and no work experience IN Canada). Could it hurt to create a profile?? Worst that happens is that nothing happens (no ITA), right? Just looking for other options out there for permanent residency :)
You need to research if you are eligible for PNPs based on your CRS score, and whether your NOC is selected. Some provinces only select certain NOCs, some require a job offer with related experience, family in province etc. You can submit a profile, doesn't hurt and costs nothing if you already have ECAs and IELTS.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
You need to research if you are eligible for PNPs based on your CRS score, and whether your NOC is selected. Some provinces only select certain NOCs, some require a job offer with related experience, family in province etc. You can submit a profile, doesn't hurt and costs nothing if you already have ECAs and IELTS.
I did not need ECA’s for this stream (degrees from the US) but I assume I would need them for EE? Is the ECA for the initial profile or just for the actual application? I have IELTS results already.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did not need ECA’s for this stream (degrees from the US) but I assume I would need them for EE? Is the ECA for the initial profile or just for the actual application? I have IELTS results already.
ECA is mandatory for EE profile and that is why I asked if you were eligible with a minimum of 67 points. You can't submit a profile until ECA is completed.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Ok. We would need to get ECA’s. Not sure if it’s worth it….the ECA is only required for the highest degree earned, correct?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. We would need to get ECA’s. Not sure if it’s worth it….the ECA is only required for the highest degree earned, correct?
If you have a Masters/Ph.D., correct? If you have a bachelor's and another PG diploma/degree, you may want to complete both. More points. You have to determine eligibility and CRS points based on one of you being the primary applicant, and then your score based on the dependent as accompanying or non-accompanying.

Reactions: tanyaviola

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. Yes, you can have 2 or more applications, but in different streams.
2. You have to pick a principal applicant. (the one with the most points) the spouse is shown as dependent.
3. Note that there has not been an EE draw in a year.