+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my spouse after I receive an Ontario PNP invite

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
I received a PNP Interest Letter from Ontario on 5th May.

In my express entry I mentioned that my wife will not come with me to Canada.

(I will be losing points if I add her. So, I thought I would sponsor her once I move)

Now if my PNP application is successful, is there a way to update the application that she will accompany me?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

(I will be losing points if I add her. So, I thought I would sponsor her once I move)

Now if my PNP application is successful, is there a way to update the application that she will accompany me?
Hi,

Have you received the nomination certificate and the 600 pts.?

Spouse can be included into an application anytime: before/after the nomination, ITA or AOR. You just need province's permission before proceeding ahead and meet the minimum eligibility requirements.

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
Hi,

Have you received the nomination certificate and the 600 pts.?

Spouse can be included into an application anytime: before/after the nomination, ITA or AOR. You just need province's permission before proceeding ahead and meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
I haven't received the 600 points. I am trying to understand if I can add my spouse in the OINP application or I should first submit the OINP application with just my details and get the 600 points and then create another profile (my current express entry profile doesn't include spouse) and then ask OINP to transfer those 600 points to the new express entry profile

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I haven't received the 600 points. I am trying to understand if I can add my spouse in the OINP application or I should first submit the OINP application with just my details and get the 600 points and then create another profile (my current express entry profile doesn't include spouse) and then ask OINP to transfer those 600 points to the new express entry profile
If you add your spouse now, then your score will go down even below the draw cut-off and that will make things quite dicey.

So, the safer option will be to add spouse post the nomination process (600 pts) after seeking province's permission. Adding a family member thereafter having a 1000+ score won't affect you much.

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023

Hi, we're you able to add your spouse if yes was it after successful PNP application then adding your spouse to EE profile?

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Ok , so in your PNP application you have mentioned spouse not accompanying once you get the nomination then you will update EE profile with spouse accompanying?

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
Ok , so in your PNP application you have mentioned spouse not accompanying once you get the nomination then you will update EE profile with spouse accompanying?
Yes, that's correct. But before I do that I need to send an email to OINP requesting for this change. They don't need to change anything in the nomination so mostly they will say you can make the change in EE profile.
(This is what an immigration consultant told me)

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
Update:

I got nomination a few days ago and I called OINP for the next steps to change spouse as accompanying. They checked my application and said we have your wife details so no further steps are required.

(In my application I uploaded my wife's passport and other documents but mentioned that she won't be accompanying.)

Khusheer

Apr 27, 2019
Can you please elaborate more?. I am in the same situation. So what you do? Did you change in EE profile?

Update:

I got nomination a few days ago and I called OINP for the next steps to change spouse as accompanying. They checked my application and said we have your wife details so no further steps are required.

(In my application I uploaded my wife's passport and other documents but mentioned that she won't be accompanying.)

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
Can you please elaborate more?. I am in the same situation. So what you do? Did you change in EE profile?
When submitting EE application the portal asked me again if spouse is accompanying and I answered yes. (It showed a message something like your crs score will be recalculated and if it falls below the cutoff for the draw you got the invite you will not be eligible)

Current status is I was able to submit my wife's profile and we are done with biometrics and waiting for next steps

Reactions: sanyaak

rps202020

Nov 30, 2023
Update:

What other (spouse) documents did you upload in OINP application for PNP?

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
If you add your spouse now, then your score will go down even below the draw cut-off and that will make things quite dicey.

So, the safer option will be to add spouse post the nomination process (600 pts) after seeking province's permission. Adding a family member thereafter having a 1000+ score won't affect you much.
Hi..can i remove my canadian education after nomination and just use my foreign degree? So here is my situation.
in my ee profile, there is canadian education and i claimed 15 points for that. When i submitted my documents for pnp under human capital priorities, i did not include my canadian degree..i only submitted my foreign degree. I got the nomination now, and made changes in my profile. I put my canadian degree to personal history instead.l.will this count as misrepresentation? Or will this be okay? Even if i remove my canadian degree, my score will still be above cut off for the issuance of NOI for OINP PNP

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
Hi..can i remove my canadian education after nomination and just use my foreign degree? So here is my situation.
in my ee profile, there is canadian education and i claimed 15 points for that. When i submitted my documents for pnp under human capital priorities, i did not include my canadian degree..i only submitted my foreign degree. I got the nomination now, and made changes in my profile. I put my canadian degree to personal history instead.l.will this count as misrepresentation? Or will this be okay? Even if i remove my canadian degree, my score will still be above cut off for the issuance of NOI for OINP PNP
I am not familiar with Canadian education points. But if it is the same mechanism (recalculating points based on changes) you should be able to remove it.
This is my guess