+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my previous employment history after receiving the ITA ?

shoaib27

Sep 26, 2018
Hello Team,
I am currently in a strange situation and need some help. I applied for the Express Entry with 440 points and received an ITA. I had 3 employment activities so far:
Employment activity 1 - For 1 yr 3 months (2010 - 2011)
Employment activity 2 - For 1 year(2011 - 2012)
Employemnt activity 3 - For 11 months (2012 - 2013)
Employment activity 4 - For 3 months (2018)
However the employer of Employment activity 1 refused to give me any reference letter so I did not mention that in my EE profile. I had only Employment activity 2 and Employment activity 3 in my EE profile. Employment activity 4 was after I filed the application.
My Employment activity 2 was an unpaid internship. I recently came to know that unpaid internship will not be considered as a valid employment and that it should be removed from the employment activity section.
However, the employer of Employment activity 1 today gave me the reference letter. Now in my understanding the options that I have is :

Option 1:
Remove Employment activity 2 and update it with Employment activity 1. But my doing this the NOC code changes and my profile will differ from pre and post receiving ITA. My points will still remain 440 though. Maybe I'll require Letter of Explanation to support this.
I may also need to add Employment activity 4 as that is the most recent employment.

Option 2:
Decline my ITA now and go back into the pool and update the EE profile then. However my points will still remain 440 and I am not sure if the cut out of the draw would be 440 in the future.

Please share your experience and guide me what is the best option for me. I do not want my application to be rejected. Thank you.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hello Team,
I am currently in a strange situation and need some help. I applied for the Express Entry with 440 points and received an ITA. I had 3 employment activities so far:
Employment activity 1 - For 1 yr 3 months (2010 - 2011)
Employment activity 2 - For 1 year(2011 - 2012)
Employemnt activity 3 - For 11 months (2012 - 2013)
Employment activity 4 - For 3 months (2018)
However the employer of Employment activity 1 refused to give me any reference letter so I did not mention that in my EE profile. I had only Employment activity 2 and Employment activity 3 in my EE profile. Employment activity 4 was after I filed the application.
My Employment activity 2 was an unpaid internship. I recently came to know that unpaid internship will not be considered as a valid employment and that it should be removed from the employment activity section.
However, the employer of Employment activity 1 today gave me the reference letter. Now in my understanding the options that I have is :

Option 1:
Remove Employment activity 2 and update it with Employment activity 1. But my doing this the NOC code changes and my profile will differ from pre and post receiving ITA. My points will still remain 440 though. Maybe I'll require Letter of Explanation to support this.
I may also need to add Employment activity 4 as that is the most recent employment.

Option 2:
Decline my ITA now and go back into the pool and update the EE profile then. However my points will still remain 440 and I am not sure if the cut out of the draw would be 440 in the future.

Please share your experience and guide me what is the best option for me. I do not want my application to be rejected. Thank you.
Remove activity 2 and place it in personal history. Place activity 1,3 and 4 in work history if you’re getting the reference letters to support them. Write LOE detailing why you needed to make the necessary changes. I don’t think you should decline the ITA.

Reactions: shoaib27

shoaib27

Sep 26, 2018
Remove activity 2 and place it in personal history. Place activity 1,3 and 4 in work history if you’re getting the reference letters to support them. Write LOE detailing why you needed to make the necessary changes. I don’t think you should decline the ITA.
Sure will do. Thank you