+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add information/ docs to a PR sponsored application in process?

Splistic

Jan 15, 2013
I am Canadian and will sponsor my wife to move to Canada with me. Because the PR application takes so long, we want to send it ASAP. I'm waiting for responses from universities to do school next this September. If we send in the application by April and I get a response from a university to study and accept, can I send in that document as evidence I plan to stay in Canada when I move back from Japan while the application is in process?

Answers much appreciated! Thank you!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being a Canadian citizen, if you sponsor your wife from out side Canada, you have to prove that you will be in Canada during the process of the application. A certified copy of the letter of acceptance from the University for our wife would be an ideal document for proof. Your physical presence in Canada could be verified by CEC during the process. Before final decision and approval of PR visa, perhaps the processing office may ask to submit the evidence of your presence in Canada, like credit card bills/statements, hydro bills, telephone bills etc..

Splistic

Jan 15, 2013
Thank you for your reply.

Maybe I inadvertently left out some information. We are both living in Japan now and plan to send the PR application before I get any acceptance letters. If we wait to send it, there's risk that when she goes to renew her visitor visa she might not get it. We plan to move there at the end of July. After that, we will have plenty of evidence of living in Canada. Before that, I'm going to gather other evidence of intent. That's fine.

My question is whether or not we can submit more evidence of intent to reside in Canada once we have sent the initial application. For example, send the app in April and then when I get accepted to university, send the acceptance letter for that existing app in June.

??