+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add foreign work experience to my EE profile?

linda_234

Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

I have worked in a company in my country before immigrating to Canada on a study permit And I currently hold a pgwp, I wasn’t aware that you are required to declare any foreign work experience in those applications. Now im applying for my PR through EE in CEC category as I have one year of Canadian work experience but I’m short on points and wanted to know if I can still add my foreign work experience in the application?
If yes, what documents do I need, I only have a reference letter and job experience letter, as I was paid through cash I never had any paystubs or bank statements to prove that since it was a low paying internship position. However the job duties match my current job.
Kindly let me know
Thank you

Sara25390

Mar 30, 2024
Hello,

I have worked in a company in my country before immigrating to Canada on a study permit And I currently hold a pgwp, I wasn’t aware that you are required to declare any foreign work experience in those applications. Now im applying for my PR through EE in CEC category as I have one year of Canadian work experience but I’m short on points and wanted to know if I can still add my foreign work experience in the application?
If yes, what documents do I need, I only have a reference letter and job experience letter, as I was paid through cash I never had any paystubs or bank statements to prove that since it was a low paying internship position. However the job duties match my current job.
Kindly let me know
Thank you
Hi, what had happened in your case ? I am having the same issue , did you get your pr ?