+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Accompany my younger brother, if he is going to study Masters in toronto?

hemant.pandya

Jul 25, 2009
Dear Friends,

My younger brother want go for further education (Masters) to Canada (Toronto). He will complete his Bachelor's Degree in June 2010. He is residing in India. I am his elder brother; Can I accompany him as a family member? Also let me know who can accompany him?

Help Needed...... ASAP..

Best Regards,

Hemant Pandya.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemant.pandya said:
Dear Friends,

My younger brother want go for further education (Masters) to Canada (Toronto). He will complete his Bachelor's Degree in June 2010. He is residing in India. I am his elder brother; Can I accompany him as a family member? Also let me know who can accompany him?

Help Needed...... ASAP..

Best Regards,

Hemant Pandya.

I doubt whether anyone of you other than his spouse + kids (if married, have children) can follow him.

If he gets a study visa, what are you going to do there or why do you think they will want to grant any member of his family ("accompanying visa" ) - which is normally granted to children accompanying parents, when parents go to work abroad).

I am not an Immigration consultant though, but can deduce from experience that none of you may get (an accompanying) visa. You may all have to apply separately. (Siblings and Parents via other means - FSW, Independent means etc.)

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
No you can't. If he is going to get an student visa, only his wife or children are eligible for accompanying visas. You can only get a tourist visa to visit like anyone else or apply yourself as a Federal Skilled Worker.

Regards.