+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can find work history using SIN number or T4 form?

AL_Ma

Sep 3, 2010
Hi All,
I am planing to apply for PR under CEC category. I have few questions with me.

1. I have worked two different places before my present job. All jobs are different kind of jobs. Is split work experience is counted even they are different? The gap between jobs acceptable? if so how many months gap acceptable?

2. I worked for one (2nd job) company for 4 month, firstly i joint to the company as a Labor but company owner notice i have mechanical engineering study background. since then i did estimation and drafting for the company while i am working as a labor. But he still paid me as a labor and in all the documentation, I was as Labor. But when i got the T4 form my position hasn't been mentioned their, only money i earned and work place address.

But i can get a reference letter from company owner saying i have worked for the company as an estimator and drafter. Question is when i send reference latter and T4 form. Can Immigration people find i have worked to the company as a labor using my SIN number?

I greatly appreciate for your response!

AL_Ma

Sep 3, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Again is AL_ma here,
i Appreciate if some one can response about my question.
Thanks

san_bha

Aug 29, 2010
1). split work will be okay. but i dont know exactly how many month gap will be okay.

2). I think, with T4 form they can't find what kind of job you have worked for, they can find out where you work and how much you earn. someone can help with that.

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
AL_Ma said:
Hi All,
I am planing to apply for PR under CEC category. I have few questions with me.

1. I have worked two different places before my present job. All jobs are different kind of jobs. Is split work experience is counted even they are different? The gap between jobs acceptable? if so how many months gap acceptable?

2. I worked for one (2nd job) company for 4 month, firstly i joint to the company as a Labor but company owner notice i have mechanical engineering study background. since then i did estimation and drafting for the company while i am working as a labor. But he still paid me as a labor and in all the documentation, I was as Labor. But when i got the T4 form my position hasn't been mentioned their, only money i earned and work place address.

But i can get a reference letter from company owner saying i have worked for the company as an estimator and drafter. Question is when i send reference latter and T4 form. Can Immigration people find i have worked to the company as a labor using my SIN number?

I greatly appreciate for your response!
As long as you can prove you have 1950 hrs of eligible work experience within 2years from the application date. Get reference letter, they are the most helpful, if not, then get ROE (Record of Employment).