+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Embassy do what they want?

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
Dear All,

My documents are in Canadian Embassy in Moscow from September 2008. Yes, the processing of my application took so long because 3 times Embassy was waiting something from me although they haven't requested anything. Only after my follow-ups I would discover that they are actually waiting for something.

When they started to blame me for losing post they sent I requested to show proof that they actually sent me these requests (email sent or tracking ID) but they never did.

Now, it is already 2nd time that I am sending documents by Fedex and Registered Post, items are being delivered to the Embassy (website shows that someone signed and received documents) but they can't find documents within their building. When this happened first time, I sent several emails, Fedex delivery printouts, etc, and only after few months they found my documents and continued the processing of my application.

Actually, only CAIPS helped to make them move and to request Medicals...

Now my passports are in the Embassy for more than two months and waiting for visas to be issued. They requested Proof of Funds and Police Certificate which were delivered to Embassy on 26/01/2012. When I asked when I can expect my passports to be ready for collection this is what they answered:

"Now you state that the last outstanding items were delivered to the Embassy on 26 January 2012. We have no resources to track the items delivered to the Embassy but not sorted out yet. Therefore, we are unable to confirm to you that the last outstanding has been received. "

Has anyone experienced something like this?

What can I do in this situation?

I am looking forward to hear your comments!

Thank you!

an124

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-11
Nomination.....
PER: 30-01-12
AOR Received.
28-02-12
IELTS Request
Sent. Band 7.5
File Transfer...
13-06-12
Med's Request
07-11-12
Med's Done....
16-11-12; w/ RPRF
It's crazy. They have your passport on their hands and refuse to admit it. It's totally nuts.
Maybe you should visit them in Moscow Embassy, if it's possible to you. Did you try to call them already? I guess it's like anything goes in Russia, nobody makes a move without an ass kick in the worst and a follow-up call in the best scenario.

Good luck.

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for your reply an124!

Problem is that I can't go there without my passport and they don't have telephone number for immigration queries, only email...

Yes, what is going out there is unbelievable. I don't know what to do really. I wished there was a place I could raise my concerns / place formal complaint, but I couldn't find any.

So, when I send so called "frequent" emails (once a week) they say they don't have time to answer my emails and can't let me know if they found documents I sent. If I don't send emails, they come back after months and again ask for documents they can't find/lost. And, of course, no apologies or anything like that...

I mean, isn't Canadian Embassy in Moscow still part of Canada? I feel frustrated.

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
Have anyone had its documents lost by an Embassy?

Can they delay my visas for months just beacuse of their mistake?

I asked if I should but they don't even requesting copies to be re-sent!

Please answer people :)

Vogue

Feb 1, 2012
Call the police! Maybe they will open their doors for them? No, they will probably not, because the embassy is theoretically a canadian land and they follow canadian rules and laws on it. You can try write at Minister@cic.gc.ca.

And you have to declare to the Russian authorities that you passport is lost and you need a new one. Don't waste you time, it can take years to get an adequate answer from Moscow.

an124

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-02-12
IELTS Request
Sent. Band 7.5
File Transfer...
13-06-12
Med's Request
07-11-12
Med's Done....
16-11-12; w/ RPRF
Vogue said:
Call the police! Maybe they will open their doors for them? No, they will probably not, because the embassy is theoretically a canadian land and they follow canadian rules and laws on it. You can try write at Minister @ cic.gc.ca.

And you have to declare to the Russian authorities that you passport is lost and you need a new one. Don't waste you time, it can take years to get an adequate answer from Moscow.
from my point of view calling police or writing to minister of canada would be the very same waste of time. But contaction Russian authorities in connection that your passport is lost looks like a good idea. Actually it's Russian Federation who owns your passport. And it got lost on a Canadian land. Sounds like an international conflict to me =)

Just give your authorities a call, maybe they will advise you on your further actions.

Good luck

Anton

Vogue

Feb 1, 2012
In fact, you must immediately inform Russian authorities that you lost you passport, because it can be used against you. It is like to loose a credit card, but more serious.

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies!

You probably misread my original post. In fact passports are in the Embassy and not lost (hopefully). They can't find documents I sent to finalize my visas (Proof of Funds and Police Certificate).

I sent them an email asking if I should request copies of above documents and resend but they say "just wait and don't send us emails on this matter again..." or "We have no resources to track the items delivered to the Embassy..." .

To me this "official" replies sound like a joke.

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
I found names and positions of officers of Canadian Embassy in Russia from the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website.

Going to send mail by post to one of them today. I hope that will help. Will keep you posted.

an124

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-02-12
IELTS Request
Sent. Band 7.5
File Transfer...
13-06-12
Med's Request
07-11-12
Med's Done....
16-11-12; w/ RPRF
urartu99 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies!

You probably misread my original post. In fact passports are in the Embassy and not lost (hopefully). They can't find documents I sent to finalize my visas (Proof of Funds and Police Certificate).

I sent them an email asking if I should request copies of above documents and resend but they say "just wait and don't send us emails on this matter again..." or "We have no resources to track the items delivered to the Embassy..." .

To me this "official" replies sound like a joke.
Yeah, it does sound like a joke. Furthermore, it sounds like a standard template phrases they use to answer e-mails without even trying to understand what the enquiry is about. Of course, i undersant that they may have tons of other issues with trillions of other applicants. But when you try to help them, thet just say 'don't bother us, we're busy'. Sheesh.

Anton

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
Finally they found my documents and issued visas! My representative collected passports from them and I am very happy for the perspective of not dealing with the Canadian Embassy in Moscow anymore!!!

I had option to apply for Canadian Embassy in UK as well but "quicker" processing times convinced me to apply to Moscow. Overal it took 3.5 years to finalize my case and I never caused any delays. I really regretted for applying there and recommend to avoid that Embassy if possible.

Anyway, I am happy that I finally have my visas and wish everyone waiting for it to receive good news in the near future!

All the best ppl!

braj

Dec 20, 2010
Perhaps you could send another letter in registered signed post requesting your passport status with a CC to your passport country embassy clearly stated on the letter head. Also enclose a copy of the previous proof of receipt. This might give them some sense of urgency to respond.

an124

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
28-02-12
IELTS Request
Sent. Band 7.5
File Transfer...
13-06-12
Med's Request
07-11-12
Med's Done....
16-11-12; w/ RPRF
urartu99 said:
Finally they found my documents and issued visas! My representative collected passports from them and I am very happy for the perspective of not dealing with the Canadian Embassy in Moscow anymore!!!

I had option to apply for Canadian Embassy in UK as well but "quicker" processing times convinced me to apply to Moscow. Overal it took 3.5 years to finalize my case and I never caused any delays. I really regretted for applying there and recommend to avoid that Embassy if possible.

Anyway, I am happy that I finally have my visas and wish everyone waiting for it to receive good news in the near future!

All the best ppl!
Congrats!! It's great that everything turned out to be ok.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
urartu99 said:

All the best ppl!
congratz!! U definitely deserve this!! ;D

canadaforum

Star Member
Dec 16, 2010
Dear Urartu i am very happy for you that at last you could get your Visas, I am also from Moscow VO it is awfully to wait so long.I would like to know if you had sent Proof of Funds before.
I am asking this as i sent it with my application so i want to know if they will ask again.
And what kind of proof did they ask for (only your bank statement for how many months?).