+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can different NOC job offered with LMIA be qualified for getting 50 points?

Yunudaddy

Mar 19, 2017
Hello all,

I am looking into CEC stream to enter EE.

If the NOC code of the job I had for 5years outside Canada is 1114(other financial officers; financial planner) and the job offer from Canada is 6311(food service supervisor), is it gonna bring any suspicion from CIC if I have no experience at restaurants? I have a bachelor's degree of Business Administion though,, would it help convincing PR visa officers?

I am exteremly worried if my CEC process ends up being rejected because of the qualification for the food service supervisor, after working a year as the position. Don't wanna waste time and money if there are too much risks.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Yunudaddy said:
Hello all,

I am looking into CEC stream to enter EE.

If the NOC code of the job I had for 5years outside Canada is 1114(other financial officers; financial planner) and the job offer from Canada is 6311(food service supervisor), is it gonna bring any suspicion from CIC if I have no experience at restaurants? I have a bachelor's degree of Business Administion though,, would it help convincing PR visa officers?

I am exteremly worried if my CEC process ends up being rejected because of the qualification for the food service supervisor, after working a year as the position. Don't wanna waste time and money if there are too much risks.
You are perfectly fine if you have worked as a Food service supervisor in Canada at least for a year, your work experience is eligible under CEC. You can also get points for your foreign work experience in express entry.

Moni05

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys,

I need some guidance. My NOC for current job in country of residence falls under skill level A - NOC 2171, however, I am getting a job offer under Skill level C - 6552. My consultant is telling me to go ahead and take the risk and get the LMIA. He has advised that when I apply for PR, I might be called for interview with the immigration to justify why I am moving to Canada for a much lower skilled job. A>C.. He has advised that I can justify and clarify in the interview to them and that it will not be a big deal. Can anyone guide me if its the right move? Anyone faced a similar situation previously?

Please let me know as I am losing time.

Thanks.