+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can dependent migrate than main applicant when PR approved?

srikanthnp86

Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I am planning to migrate with my spouse, here the applicant is my spouse as she get more points and I will be dependent .

The question here is ,

If we get PR, can dependent go alone without main applicant , and main applicant can come later .

Or we both has to visit same time and enter and then spouse can come back once I get settled!

Please let me know . Thank you.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Hi All,

I am planning to migrate with my spouse, here the applicant is my spouse as she get more points and I will be dependent .

The question here is ,

If we get PR, can dependent go alone without main applicant , and main applicant can come later .

Or we both has to visit same time and enter and then spouse can come back once I get settled!

Please let me know . Thank you.

The dependent cannot land before or without the main applicant.
The main applicant can land without the dependent or you can land together
If the dependent lands after the main applicant, they still have to land before the date given on the visa and CoPR

Quoted directly from CIC website:

Your dependents can’t arrive in Canada before you. They must arrive with you or after you.

You may be able to sponsor them after you immigrate to Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

srikanthnp86

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

Can my spouse drop me inside canada and can come back or don't work, If spouse doesn't work will spouse have any issue later with PR?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can my spouse drop me inside canada and can come back or don't work, If spouse doesn't work will spouse have any issue later with PR?
The way your question is phrased is extremely confusing, can you state who is the primary applicant and who is the dependent?

Reactions: scylla

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
@DelPiero07 I believe his spouse is the main applicant and he is the dependent applicant (this is what I understood from the original question)

@srikanthnp86 your spouse can't just "drop you off inside Canada" - you aren't going to a neighbour's house across the street; you are immigrating to a whole new country.

As @DelPiero07 said, your question is highly confusing. Kindly rephrase what you are trying to ask.

If you are asking about whether or not the success of a PR application is dependent on having a job in Canada, it is not. If your spouse doesn't have a job offer in Canada, it doesn't affect the PR application. It simply means you and your spouse will have to try to find jobs there as soon as possible when you land.

srikanthnp86

Apr 29, 2019
Sorry guys. i should have framed it good.

your spouse can't just "drop you off inside Canada" - you aren't going to a neighbour's house across the street; you are immigrating to a whole new country. - This is true :)

I got this. I know i am not going in a right direction and immigrating is tough task , leaving everything behind. Suggestion on the below will greatly help.

Suppose my spouse(Main applicant) got PR. Me(Dependent) and my spouse migrated to canada.

After a 1 month, Can my spouse just come back to her native. Me as a dependent can stay in canada, till i get a good job and then my spouse(main applicant) will come back to canada after a few months. Did that works?

Here my spouse(Main applicant) - She is not interested in doing job at least for a year or two in canada as she has something to take care in her native place, but her points of score immigration is very high and it helps to bring both of us to canada. She will be travelling back and forth to canada every two months or three months.

Thanks,
Srikanth N

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Hi

As long as you both land together or she lands first and you get your CoPRs and passports stamped, you are fine.

She may wish to remain in Canada until you both receive your PR cards, but otherwise nothing prevents her from returning to your home country, even if you remain behind. She will need to ensure she is in Canada for at least 730 days in 5 years afteer you land to ensure she retains her PR status.

Reactions: srikanthnp86

Bp032

Jan 25, 2022
Dears, Need your advice on the below.

I am the sponsor (Needless to say I have a PR), currently staying outside of Canada. Now my family (Wife + 5 years old Son) has got the COPR. Can they land without me?

Appreciate your inputs and thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dears, Need your advice on the below.

I am the sponsor (Needless to say I have a PR), currently staying outside of Canada. Now my family (Wife + 5 years old Son) has got the COPR. Can they land without me?

Appreciate your inputs and thanks in advance.
They don’t qualify for PR if you aren’t living in Canada and if it is discovered they can lose their COPR. How long have you been living outside Canada? Are you planning on remaining outside of Canada? Are you employed in Canada or abroad?

Bp032

Jan 25, 2022
Below is my feedback.

Living Outside of Canada - Since May 2022
Future Plans - Not sure
I am employed outside of Canada.
Family got the COPR - Sept 2022

Would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for writing back.