+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependent land right after main applicant from different custom

LenaGoGoGo

Oct 26, 2018
Hi there,

I'm the main applicant of the PR application and my husband is the only dependent. We just sent out our passports to VISA office and we are still waiting for the documents for landing and the one-time visa. We need to leave Canada after Christmas and will be back in two weeks. There won't be enough time for us to land first and get PR cards. So we plan to do the landing when we get back. But the problem is although our flights are on the same day, but not the same flight and even not the same terminal.

Can I land first and then he lands right after from another terminal? How long does it take for the system to know I have landed?

Thank you so much!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
One more thing to mention, his flight arrives before mine.
So out of interest how much time does his flight arrive before yours ? Are you thinking about him loitering in the immigration area without looking suspicious and then using a phone in that area for you to contact him ?

LenaGoGoGo

Oct 26, 2018
So out of interest how much time does his flight arrive before yours ? Are you thinking about him loitering in the immigration area without looking suspicious and then using a phone in that area for you to contact him ?
5 hours... Yes, he will look very suspicious

LenaGoGoGo

Oct 26, 2018
So should we rebook his flight to let him arrive one day after me?