+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dependant express entry candidate land in Quebec?

affysiddiq

Sep 8, 2018
I am the Primary candidate and have already landed in Toronto and got my PR card. But my spouse who was the secondary/dependant applicant who also has a COPR is yet to land. But now if I find a job in Quebec and start working there can my spouse directly come there or does she has to land in any other province complete the landing process there and come to quebec ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
She can land in Quebec but she must have proof of onward travel out of Quebec else is likely her landing will be refused.

Whilst in theory she could arrive as a transit passenger, complete her PR landing showing her onward travel out of Quebec, collect her luggage for customs inspection and just abandon the onward travel sector by leaving the airport that is something you will need to decide if any issue in doing that.

To avoid issues maybe the best option is to fly to Toronto complete a landing there then connect for a domestic flight to Montreal allowing 3 hours for the connect.. CBSA at Toronto will have no interest in any onward flights that your wife has and she does not need to tell them but ultimately decision is yours and your wifes on which option she feels more comfortable with.

Cost wise you are still faced with a connection ticket which ever way around you decide.

Just to add that taking the Quebec option probably not a good idea to give a Quebec address to CBSA for the PR card and leave applying to post landing.

Last edited:
Reactions: affysiddiq

affysiddiq

Sep 8, 2018
She can land in Quebec but she must have proof of onward travel out of Quebec else is likely her landing will be refused.

Whilst in theory she could arrive as a transit passenger, complete her PR landing showing her onward travel out of Quebec, collect her luggage for customs inspection and just abandon the onward travel sector by leaving the airport that is something you will need to decide if any issue in doing that.

To avoid issues maybe the best option is to fly to Toronto complete a landing there then connect for a domestic flight to Montreal allowing 3 hours for the connect.. CBSA at Toronto will have no interest in any onward flights that your wife has and she does not need to tell them but ultimately decision is yours and your wifes on which option she feels more comfortable with.

Cost wise you are still faced with a connection ticket which ever way around you decide.

Just to add that taking the Quebec option probably not a good idea to give a Quebec address to CBSA for the PR card and leave applying to post landing.
Thanks for your answer.