+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Concordia Continuing Education French Course be used for MIDI?

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am wondering if the level 6 of Concordia Continuing Education French Course can be used when applying for CSQ? I've heard that it can, but just wanted to make sure.

Cheers,

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
Hi,

I am wondering if the level 6 of Concordia Continuing Education French Course can be used when applying for CSQ? I've heard that it can, but just wanted to make sure.

Cheers,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html
Evaluation of French knowledge

The following tests and diplomas are recognized by the Ministère:

the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP-IDF);
the Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCF-Québec) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP);
the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF) of the CCIP-IDF;
the Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada (TEF Canada) of the CCIP-IDF;
the Test de connaissance du français (TCF) of the CIEP;
the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) of the CIEP;
the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) of the CIEP.

Points on the selection grid are awarded according to the results obtained by the candidate in oral comprehension, oral production, written comprehension and written production and that are indicated on the attestations of standardized test results or, if applicable, on the reverse side of the DELF or DALF diploma. Only supporting documentation issued by organizations that offer these tests (Centre international d’études pédagogiques, Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris-Île de France) are recognized by the Ministère.

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but I didn't need you to copy/past some info for me, I could have done it myself. I was asking if anyone has a first-hand experience with this... I know some people in Concordia have done it, but don't have their contact infos.

This is one I received from their center:

"Please note, some of our students have informed us that the successful completion of CEFR 625 does meet government requirements, however we strongly recommend you verify directly with the Quebec Government since the regulations have changed multiple times over the years."

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
Thanks, but I didn't need you to copy/past some info for me, I could have done it myself. I was asking if anyone has a first-hand experience with this... I know some people in Concordia have done it, but don't have their contact infos.

This is one I received from their center:

"Please note, some of our students have informed us that the successful completion of CEFR 625 does meet government requirements, however we strongly recommend you verify directly with the Quebec Government since the regulations have changed multiple times over the years."
This the only official information available online from Quebec immigration site. If you would like to confirm then you need to call Quebec immigration and get it confirmed with them. Good luck.

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qc_montreal said:
yes CEFR 625 is validated by QC immigration
Thanks... Are you sure? Do you know someone that has done it?

I just called MIDI and they told me otherwise, they told me that I have to take one of the tests to get points in CSQ application.

mode0005

Aug 13, 2013
Hi
The following courses from Concordia are accepted only for PEQ programme. But for regular programme you need to sit for the standerized test.

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mode0005 said:
Hi
The following courses from Concordia are accepted only for PEQ programme. But for regular programme you need to sit for the standerized test.
Thank you... Is there any reference for that? I appreciate your comment, but I am about to make an important decision based on it, that's why I really need to make sure of it.

qc_montreal

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi,
Now i am in confusion too....since i know people who are studying CEFR 625 for regular CSQ....its better if you go and ask them
Hope this helps

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qc_montreal said:
Hi,
Now i am in confusion too....since i know people who are studying CEFR 625 for regular CSQ....its better if you go and ask them
Hope this helps
I did, here is what they said:

"I just called MIDI and they told me otherwise, they told me that I have to take one of the tests to get points in CSQ application."

It's so confusing and the agents working in MIDI don't see to know what's going on!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contextaa said:
I did, here is what they said:

"I just called MIDI and they told me otherwise, they told me that I have to take one of the tests to get points in CSQ application."

It's so confusing and the agents working in MIDI don't see to know what's going on!
It is better to go with what is mentioned in their official website rather than asking around and trying to do something different. Because at the end immigration will stick to what is officially published by them. Good luck.

ivano

Feb 21, 2017
The answer is yes it counts for the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ –Québec experience program), which graduates of quebec university programs are eligible to apply.

PEQ link:
www immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

PEQ language requirements:
www immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/language-requirements.html
- 2nd last bullet point has three links for accepted french classes from secondary school, college level, and university level
- Concordia class is college-level approved french classes:
www midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/gpi-npi/composantes_3/gpi_3_4_annexe_3.pdf

alias2006

May 15, 2017
But is Concordia continuing education CEFR 625 level 6 also valid for regular program other than the PEQ? That is also my question. In MIDI website, it does not say whether it is acceptable for the regular program. Anyone knows or has experience about it?

alias2006

May 15, 2017
Thanks... Are you sure? Do you know someone that has done it?

I just called MIDI and they told me otherwise, they told me that I have to take one of the tests to get points in CSQ application.
So what is it really? Did you know the answer? Is CEFR 625 from Concordia it acceptable under regular program?

lliam1996

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
So what is it really? Did you know the answer? Is CEFR 625 from Concordia it acceptable under regular program?
For PEQ, yes,you can take the concordia courses.
For Regular quebec skilled worker program, no, you have to take the standardized test.

It is on the midi website. or you can call midi to verify it.

Those who told u they r studying the concordia courses, probably, they will take TEFAQ after finished the courses.