+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can co-op work experience be counted towards PR application/Foreign Skilled Worker stream?

hanzalakhan19

Mar 27, 2023
Hi, I just recently graduated from a Canadian university with a bachelor's degree. I had a 16-month co-op full-time, continuous, and paid work experience during my study. On the CIC website they said the student work experience gained while studying in Canada counts towards the minimum requirement for the Federal Skilled Worker Program but doesn't count towards the score to rank my profile. Can I claim that I had 1-2 years of Canadian work experience when I fill out my Express Entry profile? Thank you for answering my question.

IF yes, how can i show it in my EE profile, i have added my experience but its not showing or increasing my score.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I just recently graduated from a Canadian university with a bachelor's degree. I had a 16-month co-op full-time, continuous, and paid work experience during my study. On the CIC website they said the student work experience gained while studying in Canada counts towards the minimum requirement for the Federal Skilled Worker Program but doesn't count towards the score to rank my profile. Can I claim that I had 1-2 years of Canadian work experience when I fill out my Express Entry profile? Thank you for answering my question.

IF yes, how can i show it in my EE profile, i have added my experience but its not showing or increasing my score.
No, you can't. You can only start counting Canadian work experience from the time you submit your PGWP application.