+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can children of business visitors attend school?

moldstadt

Sep 28, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to come to Montreal, Quebec on a business visitor visa. My wife and daughter have tourist visitor visas.

Will my daughter be able to attend school while we are there? Will there be any costs for this?

Also, my daughter has special needs and requires a facilitator. Would the school cover this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am planning to come to Montreal, Quebec on a business visitor visa. My wife and daughter have tourist visitor visas.

Will my daughter be able to attend school while we are there? Will there be any costs for this?

Also, my daughter has special needs and requires a facilitator. Would the school cover this?
No - your daughter is not entitled to attend school. She needs a study permit to attend school and you will have to pay international student fees which will be around $15,000. If she needs a facilitator then you will need to pay for these costs as well in addition to the international student fee. The school will not cover these costs. Expect these costs to be quite high. Note there's no guarantee the study permit will be approved.

moldstadt

Sep 28, 2018
No - your daughter is not entitled to attend school. She needs a study permit to attend school and you will have to pay international student fees which will be around $15,000. If she needs a facilitator then you will need to pay for these costs as well in addition to the international student fee. The school will not cover these costs. Expect these costs to be quite high. Note there's no guarantee the study permit will be approved.
Thank you for this information.