+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN+ Category Processing timeline?

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Hello Guys,

What is the processing timeline under this category from sending an application until getting a passport received? hopefully, with a visa stamped.

Any users who got their visas under this category can share their timelines? are 20 days mentioned by another user the maximum visa processing time under this category?

Thanks.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Austria

applied: 25 april 2023
biometrics letter: 28 april 2023
biometrics done: 2 may 2023

waiting for decision. my case is applicable for CAN+ processing. However, it is supposed to be a faster processing category. i watched somewhere on youtube it is supposed to be 5 days at maximum processing time but I am not too sure with iRCC strikes and all.

someone wrote 20 days in one of the other posts so I am kind of hopeful. i am traveling on 25 june.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Austria

applied: 25 april 2023
biometrics letter: 28 april 2023
biometrics done: 2 may 2023

waiting for decision. my case is applicable for CAN+ processing. However, it is supposed to be a faster processing category. i watched somewhere on youtube it is supposed to be 5 days at maximum processing time but I am not too sure with iRCC strikes and all.

someone wrote 20 days in one of the other posts so I am kind of hopeful. i am traveling on 25 june.
Has your file started eligibility review? IRCC decides whether it will be processed as CAN+. 5 days is not realistic but can be 20 or so days for approval. All you can do is wait.

Aamirohri

Jan 5, 2023
Canadian immigration is terrible and weird lately. I have applied my applied for my visitor visa in july 2022 from london haven’t heard anything from them till now. Request withdraw of application last month and reapplied on 25th april but it will be processed under can+ this time still application is under process nothing changed.

Aamirohri

Jan 5, 2023
not yet. I just put my us nonimigrant visa number in application and uploaded photo of vignette. Have been waiting from 1 year now

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Has your file started eligibility review? IRCC decides whether it will be processed as CAN+. 5 days is not realistic but can be 20 or so days for approval. All you can do is wait.
Biometrics completed.
under review of eligibility tab: my application is in process. what does it mean? my file started eligibility review?
Background check: we are processing your background check. what does it mean? this message do we get after receiving a biometrics letter?

Aamirohri

Jan 5, 2023
Biometrics completed.
under review of eligibility tab: my application is in process. what does it mean? my file started eligibility review?
Background check: we are processing your background check. what does it mean? this message do we get after receiving a biometrics letter?
Your eligibility is yet to start. it will change into reviewing when they start

Reactions: tommy_2k23

Sameer2064

Jun 9, 2023
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results ®
• You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
[ Review of additional documents

• We do not need additional documents.
go. Interview ?
• You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

5) Biometrics ?
• We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

© Background check
• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

How long does it take for the review of eligibility

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Details about your application status

Review of eligibility
• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results ®
• You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
[ Review of additional documents

• We do not need additional documents.
go. Interview ?
• You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

5) Biometrics ?
• We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

© Background check
• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

How long does it take for the review of eligibility
if your CAN+ category 1-3 days once they open your file and review it. In my case they took 1 month to open my file and review it

Reactions: Sameer2064