+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Calgary airport POE issue Study Permit when I land in Canada first time?

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
Hi everyone,
I'm an international students coming to Calgary this fall.
As this will be my first time entering Canada, I need you help!
I've seen tons of posts on how one receives paper study permit at POEs in Toronto or Vancouver international airport (Someone even states if a student enters into Canada the very first time, his/her study permit can only be received in Toronto or Vancouver airport. It makes me confusing ???). However, I intend to fly from Amsterdam to Calgary directly with no transits inside in Canada.
Is it appropriate? Can the POE at Calgary airport issue Study Permit?
Looking forward to your valuable information!!! :-X

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It doesn't matter which airport you fly into - all international airports have immigration.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yerik17 said:
Hi everyone,
I'm an international students coming to Calgary this fall.
As this will be my first time entering Canada, I need you help!
I've seen tons of posts on how one receives paper study permit at POEs in Toronto or Vancouver international airport (Someone even states if a student enters into Canada the very first time, his/her study permit can only be received in Toronto or Vancouver airport. It makes me confusing ???). However, I intend to fly from Amsterdam to Calgary directly with no transits inside in Canada.
Is it appropriate? Can the POE at Calgary airport issue Study Permit?
Looking forward to your valuable information!!! :-X
Yes. All international airports can issue study/work permits. You will be doing immigration in Calgary - at that point they will take you to their office to verify your information and print the study permit for you.
You are good to go after this.

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
scylla said:
It doesn't matter which airport you fly into - all international airports have immigration.
Thank you so much for your information. By the way, do you know whether the immigration office is located inside Calgary international airport or somewhere else in the city? Does the paper study permit show where it is printed (such as Toronto or Calgary)? So much thanks!!! :p

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
vermanaman said:
Yes. All international airports can issue study/work permits. You will be doing immigration in Calgary - at that point they will take you to their office to verify your information and print the study permit for you.
You are good to go after this.
Thank you so much for your reply. Did you get your printed study permit in Calgary? Could you please share some experiences and tips? :D BTW,Does the paper study permit show where it is printed (such as Toronto or Calgary)? ;D

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yerik17 said:
Thank you so much for your reply. Did you get your printed study permit in Calgary? Could you please share some experiences and tips? :D BTW,Does the paper study permit show where it is printed (such as Toronto or Calgary)? ;D
No I got mine in Toronto. It is a very simple process, no need to worry at all. When you land, you go to immigration and show your TRV thats on your passport. They will ask you purpose of visit and then guide you to immigration offices....when your turn comes, the officer will again ask where exactly you are going to study and other generic questions. In the mean while, they will also verify your documents and print study permit.

And NO it does not show where it is printed.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yerik17 said:
Anyone here landed in Calgary and wanted to share some tips?
No offence but I think you are being paranoid....there is no tips anyone can give for a particular airport because it does not matter and its the same process in all port of entries.
The immigration is the exact same --- I know you have not seen calgary here and hence the concern but dont worry.

PS- I was offered to issue work permit at calgary airport ( if that helps put you at ease).

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
vermanaman said:
No offence but I think you are being paranoid....there is no tips anyone can give for a particular airport because it does not matter and its the same process in all port of entries.
The immigration is the exact same --- I know you have not seen calgary here and hence the concern but dont worry.

PS- I was offered to issue work permit at calgary airport ( if that helps put you at ease).
Thank you so much for being so considerate. You know this is my first landing, so I'm a little being anxious and want to make sure error-free ;D. Your last words did put me at ease. So maaaany thanks ;D

Preet thind

Nov 14, 2018
Hi
I am international student. I got my study permit from vancouver airport. But I am studying in calgary. I do not have conditions of working on my study permit. This is because of immigration mistake. I want to know can I meet with immigration officers at calgary airport to consult my issue, so that they do changes in my study permit.
Please reply.. i nee

Gurpreetmalhi

Dec 8, 2023
Hey there , can I get study permit at YEG ? Because the flight I have doesn't have a layover in Toronto or Vancouver or Montreal . It's starts from Delhi then Bombay , Amsterdam and finally Edmonton. I am very confused about that. Please let me know is that alright . I am coming for the first time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey there , can I get study permit at YEG ? Because the flight I have doesn't have a layover in Toronto or Vancouver or Montreal . It's starts from Delhi then Bombay , Amsterdam and finally Edmonton. I am very confused about that. Please let me know is that alright . I am coming for the first time
Already answered. Don’t multi post