+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can apply for crne/cpnre assessment or not?

kitkat0827

Jul 17, 2010
Hi!

I'm a registered nurse back home but entered Ontario under the LCP. I received my open work permit this April 2012, my application for PR still on process. By any chance, am I eligible to apply for CNRE/CPNRE assessment at CNO under my current status or do I have to wait for my PR status? Any response will be much appreciated. Thanks!

KatyO

Jun 27, 2012
Hi there,

I am also a Registered Nurse here in Ontario. I applied for my CNO registration initially (in Feb 2010)without a work visa. So yes, you can apply for CNO registration while waiting for CIC to process visa applications. I even took the CRNE (Oct 2011) while waiting for my visa to process. I applied for my work visa in August 2011 and it was approved in November 2011. The final stage of my registration with CNO was to show them my approved 'open' work visa, I became registered with CNO in Jan 2012. However, the process with CNO took close to two years to complete. They have to look at your nursing education and experience before making a decision.

Best of luck! :)

Foxxy

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/5/2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
n/a
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06/16/2012
Med's Done....
06/18/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
9/7/2012
LANDED..........
12/08/2012
Hi Katyo
Im a nurse as well...I am waiting on my work visa! My question is how long did you wait for CNO to issue you license after providing them with a the visa?

KatyO

Jun 27, 2012
There is a board that has to meet to decide weather your visa is valid etc, they meet once a month i think so it could be up to 4weeks. I sent them a copy of my visa in middle of November then I called them to hurry it up and they processed it in 2-3 weeks. Hope that helps! What type of visa have you applied for by the way?

KatyO

Jun 27, 2012
Hi Foxxy, I have a question for you too :) Do you have a job offer? If so, did your employer need to get a positive LMO (labour market opinion) for your job and how long did this take for you?

Thanks!

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
KatyO said:
Hi there,

I am also a Registered Nurse here in Ontario. I applied for my CNO registration initially (in Feb 2010)without a work visa. So yes, you can apply for CNO registration while waiting for CIC to process visa applications. I even took the CRNE (Oct 2011) while waiting for my visa to process. I applied for my work visa in August 2011 and it was approved in November 2011. The final stage of my registration with CNO was to show them my approved 'open' work visa, I became registered with CNO in Jan 2012. However, the process with CNO took close to two years to complete. They have to look at your nursing education and experience before making a decision.

Best of luck! :)
hi :)

did you send your application to CNO after you take CRNE or before?

did you take any language proficiency test?

did you do the CPIC check before you apply?

too much questions,sorry,hope you can help me..thank you. :)

Foxxy

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/5/2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
n/a
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06/16/2012
Med's Done....
06/18/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
9/7/2012
LANDED..........
12/08/2012
KatyO said:
Hi Foxxy, I have a question for you too :) Do you have a job offer? If so, did your employer need to get a positive LMO (labour market opinion) for your job and how long did this take for you?

Thanks!
Hi Katyo
yes I do have a job offer....and yes my position required a LMO....1 lmo to about a month , but it was refused..then my employer reapply and got in less that 2 weeks. I applied for a TWP ( temporary work permit)!

Another question: Did you need to do a criminal records check too?
Thanks foxxy!