+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone please help with NOC/work experience query?

Lval92

Mar 24, 2018
Hi all,
I've been searching and reading a lot of threads about NOC codes and trying to match them to your own experience etc. However, everyone has unique experiences and I'm wondering if there's anyone who could shed some insight into my own experience or has had similar experience?

(Applying as Federal skilled worker express entry.)

I am currently a Compliance Analyst, soon to be a Senior Compliance Analyst and have done this since May 2017, so almost a year. (I won't be submitting however until September once tests etc all done, so that's fine.)

I think I've matched this job up to NOC code 1122, in terms of the tasks that I do. I work in the UK energy industry and my role includes conducting internal reviews into business processes and reporting, analysing large sets of data, making recommendations for improvements, working with the business to plan these improvements. It's about conducting analysis and in depth reviews for senior management, making sure we are compliant. I'll also conduct training and supervise/work with contractors. My team is part of the wider business, however is kept separate and run from a sense of an outsider looking in to review the various processes/reporting etc. It's not financial or economical, and it's not technical systems which is why I'm 99% sure I would be 1122. If anyone has a similar role and chose a different NOC code, I'd be interested to hear though?

The bit I'm most uncertain about is my experience when I joined the company in September 2015 until May 2017. I was on the Graduate Scheme. This meant I'd spend 4/5 months in different teams working in various roles. However, the job title would always be Retail Graduate (or similar) although I'd give myself the job title for the role I assumed at the time unofficially in email sign offs etc, as some people didn't respond to Graduates. Anyway, overall the main duties on the graduate scheme involved analysis, providing recommendations for improvements to management for improving processes, coming up with new ideas, fixing things. And I think this would come under 1122 again, which means in September I'll have 3 years experience with the same code. Is that okay, summarising the graduate scheme into the one? The actual roles I did won't be on my HR record as a job title or anything, I just have my individual objectives for each one.

Has anyone else applied and used a graduate scheme as their work experience? I was doing normal day to day tasks, same as non-graduate colleagues, the only difference was I got to go to a new department every quarter.

What exactly does the CIC look for as evidence on this? Can I get a letter from HR to show my job title, dates within the company and then show my role objectives set by my manager, and the job advert as it was when I applied to it? My linkedin too has all the info on each role I've done. I don't particularly want to tell my manager of my plans so would prefer to avoid having to ask her for a letter, will i need to get one from her or will HR be fine?

I know this has been a long thread so thank you so much for reading it to the end and I hope you'll be able to help :)

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi all,
I've been searching and reading a lot of threads about NOC codes and trying to match them to your own experience etc. However, everyone has unique experiences and I'm wondering if there's anyone who could shed some insight into my own experience or has had similar experience?

(Applying as Federal skilled worker express entry.)

I am currently a Compliance Analyst, soon to be a Senior Compliance Analyst and have done this since May 2017, so almost a year. (I won't be submitting however until September once tests etc all done, so that's fine.)

I think I've matched this job up to NOC code 1122, in terms of the tasks that I do. I work in the UK energy industry and my role includes conducting internal reviews into business processes and reporting, analysing large sets of data, making recommendations for improvements, working with the business to plan these improvements. It's about conducting analysis and in depth reviews for senior management, making sure we are compliant. I'll also conduct training and supervise/work with contractors. My team is part of the wider business, however is kept separate and run from a sense of an outsider looking in to review the various processes/reporting etc. It's not financial or economical, and it's not technical systems which is why I'm 99% sure I would be 1122. If anyone has a similar role and chose a different NOC code, I'd be interested to hear though?

The bit I'm most uncertain about is my experience when I joined the company in September 2015 until May 2017. I was on the Graduate Scheme. This meant I'd spend 4/5 months in different teams working in various roles. However, the job title would always be Retail Graduate (or similar) although I'd give myself the job title for the role I assumed at the time unofficially in email sign offs etc, as some people didn't respond to Graduates. Anyway, overall the main duties on the graduate scheme involved analysis, providing recommendations for improvements to management for improving processes, coming up with new ideas, fixing things. And I think this would come under 1122 again, which means in September I'll have 3 years experience with the same code. Is that okay, summarising the graduate scheme into the one? The actual roles I did won't be on my HR record as a job title or anything, I just have my individual objectives for each one.

Has anyone else applied and used a graduate scheme as their work experience? I was doing normal day to day tasks, same as non-graduate colleagues, the only difference was I got to go to a new department every quarter.

What exactly does the CIC look for as evidence on this? Can I get a letter from HR to show my job title, dates within the company and then show my role objectives set by my manager, and the job advert as it was when I applied to it? My linkedin too has all the info on each role I've done. I don't particularly want to tell my manager of my plans so would prefer to avoid having to ask her for a letter, will i need to get one from her or will HR be fine?

I know this has been a long thread so thank you so much for reading it to the end and I hope you'll be able to help :)

NOC codes is a tricky subject. If your job duties match the lead statement of the NOC code and also match atleast 60% of responsibilities under that NOC code then you are all set. You can get the letter from your HR, it doesn't have to be from your manager - as long as the HR person signing the letter is a pay grade above yours. Make sure that you comply with the Reference Letter requirements though - Job Title, Full Time Employment (min 40 hrs per week), Salary, Benefits, detailed Job Duties and Responsibilities, contact info of the HR personnel, Address of the Company, Phone Contact, Company website etc on an official Company letter head. HTH! Good luck....

Lval92

Mar 24, 2018
NOC codes is a tricky subject. If your job duties match the lead statement of the NOC code and also match atleast 60% of responsibilities under that NOC code then you are all set. You can get the letter from your HR, it doesn't have to be from your manager - as long as the HR person signing the letter is a pay grade above yours. Make sure that you comply with the Reference Letter requirements though - Job Title, Full Time Employment (min 40 hrs per week), Salary, Benefits, detailed Job Duties and Responsibilities, contact info of the HR personnel, Address of the Company, Phone Contact, Company website etc on an official Company letter head. HTH! Good luck....
Thank you, yeah that helps! However, minimum 40 hours a week? In my place of work all full time contracts are 37 hours a week. Sure in the UK full time is considered 35 hours and above..

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Thank you, yeah that helps! However, minimum 40 hours a week? In my place of work all full time contracts are 37 hours a week. Sure in the UK full time is considered 35 hours and above..
In that case you can remove the no. of work hours, and just say Full-Time Employment. I believe Canada has 40 hrs work weeks.

Lval92

Mar 24, 2018
It says on the CIC website your experience must be 12 months full time work, which is 30 hours per week for 12 months which equals 1560 hours. So i don't believe it's a requirement to be 40 hours like you've said...

Anyone else any views on my initial post?

Thanks

Tofubaby1

Jan 12, 2019
Hello all,
I was also having trouble deciding my noc.
I have been working as a lecturer at a medical college. I was teaching medical under graduates at a college.
I am now confused whether my noc should be
4021: college and other vocational instructors
Or
4011: University professors or lecturers

exchange27

Apr 17, 2018
Hello all,
I was also having trouble deciding my noc.
I have been working as a lecturer at a medical college. I was teaching medical under graduates at a college.
I am now confused whether my noc should be
4021: college and other vocational instructors
Or
4011: University professors or lecturers
Hello, I have the same issue. Can you please let me know which one you went with, and did you get the ITA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I have the same issue. Can you please let me know which one you went with, and did you get the ITA?
You are posting a question on a 2018 post. You match your job responsibilities to the NOC. Getting ITA depends on your CRS score and whether it is selected. You don’t need a specific NOC to receive the ITA.