+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone help?

RussellCat

May 3, 2019
Hi :) Soon I am arriving to Canada (yes visa is still approved and allowed to enter). Can anyone help pls?
[I have Student Visa, and my partner has Open Work Permit]
  1. eTA - Do we still need to apply for an eTA? for student visa or for open work permit?
  2. Health Insurance - I got health insurance from my college. But I was wondering if my partner can get health insurance with an open work permit? for those with an open work permit how do you get health insurance?
Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. If you have a visa in your passport (a counterfoil) then you do not need an eTA. In most cases, the letter you received telling you that you have been approved also says that they created an eTA for you. Double check your documents.

2. Depends on the province.

RussellCat

May 3, 2019
1. If you have a visa in your passport (a counterfoil) then you do not need an eTA. In most cases, the letter you received telling you that you have been approved also says that they created an eTA for you. Double check your documents.

2. Depends on the province.
2. Ontario, do u know?

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi :) Soon I am arriving to Canada (yes visa is still approved and allowed to enter). Can anyone help pls?
[I have Student Visa, and my partner has Open Work Permit]
  1. eTA - Do we still need to apply for an eTA? for student visa or for open work permit?
  2. Health Insurance - I got health insurance from my college. But I was wondering if my partner can get health insurance with an open work permit? for those with an open work permit how do you get health insurance?
Thank you
Hi there, I'm also in the same situation. However, I don't think partners on OWP can travel if they don't have a job offer. Was your partner able to get a job offer from out of Canada?