+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone help me about the secured employment ?

hoangdv

May 14, 2010
Could anyone please help me to answer this question . I'm now international student . And I'm planning to apply for post-graduation work permit in next 3 months to apply immigration . In the international student category of Alberta Immigration , they require the secured permanent full-time employment, everything for me is very Ok , i can work there as long as i want . But if i ask for the secured employment,it's hard for my employer because people are usually afraid of responsibilities. Can i still apply for that Nomination program with out that secured employment ? The immigration department can check out my work status by my Social Insurance Number or i can prove it by my every month pay stub . Or I must ask them to get that employment . This question has been following me for whole year . Thank you for your attention .

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
What kind of job is that? Is it a small business who will be afraid of responsibilities in paperwork?? I mean what kind of establishment/business is that? is it same stereotype import/export/hotel/motel/chicken tikka masala/dollar store/silver dinner type establishment or one of fortune companies. I don't think they are going to hire an immigrant who has not become permanent resident yet.

hoangdv

May 14, 2010
It's not a big business, it's a small CNC work shop. The employer is an Asian . They know not very well about the law, paperwork or that kind of stuff . That's why i feel very hard if i want to ask them to give me that permanent employment. As you know, CNC season is not stable, it's about in the winter time. If the work shop were not busy , they could cut off everyone's schedule into part-time . So, I'm very confused, stay with them or try to get in a bigger workshop ? What does secured employment mean ? Means contract or means they have to guarantee my employment in the future ? Thank you for your answer .