+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can an officer...

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
Can an officer approve an inland application if the only proof of relationship sent was 3 pictures of the wedding? is it possible?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Foofy said:
Can an officer approve an inland application if the only proof of relationship sent was 3 pictures of the wedding? is it possible?
Possible, but unlikely.

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
ty PMM. Yeah i made the mistake of following the guide step by step and nowhere they ask for pictures besides the one of the wedding.. so that and the marriage certificate are my only proof. I sent some documents (a lot of pictures, proof of joint bank account and insurance, etc.) last week.

Now when i called the agent they opening mail from august (4 months). I applied at the end of january 2011 which means they will be making a decision soon. The agent told me he could put a hold on my file so they do not make a decision till they receive this documents...

Should i put a hold on my file?

thanks

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Foofy said:
It really depends. You only know how strong your application is. If you have sent additional information it will make sense to put it on hold and wait till they attach your information. On the other hand if they would doubt your relationship your file would be transfered to local office. If this didnt happen till now I suppose they are satisfied with your wedding pictures only. It all really depends.
In my opinion, dont put your file on hold, but call the agent and try to find out what has been done to your application and judge from her/his answer. It is hard to give any advice as this can influence the decision of CIC. Good luck :)

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
Am_lina11 said:
It really depends. You only know how strong your application is. If you have sent additional information it will make sense to put it on hold and wait till they attach your information. On the other hand if they would doubt your relationship your file would be transfered to local office. If this didnt happen till now I suppose they are satisfied with your wedding pictures only. It all really depends.
In my opinion, dont put your file on hold, but call the agent and try to find out what has been done to your application and judge from her/his answer. It is hard to give any advice as this can influence the decision of CIC. Good luck :)
hey lina thnx a lot for ur answer!

yeah my application lacked of proof because when i applied i thought that the marriage cerftificate would be enough, i guess ill put the file on hold i sent so much evidence do not think an interview will be required after they receive what i sent last week. Thanks again

lorierasilian

Dec 5, 2011
It depends on a number of other factors such as the information contained in the forms, other supporting documents submitted, the immigration history of the Applicant and the Sponsor as well as the interview.