+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can an infant stay more than 6 months on visitor visa

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi,

My spouse and 10 month daughter are coming to visit me. My daughter has visitor visa. Can she stay for more than 6 months?

Thanks!

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Thanks @Buletruck for the information. Appreciate it. By extension you mean a visitor record or something I will get as a proof for my daughter to stay longer. As her passport has a visa stamp of 5 years.
Also, is 5 months the requirement before applying for an extension? Can I apply after 2-3 months of her arrival?

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @Buletruck for the information. Appreciate it. By extension you mean a visitor record or something I will get as a proof for my daughter to stay longer. As her passport has a visa stamp of 5 years.
Also, is 5 months the requirement before applying for an extension? Can I apply after 2-3 months of her arrival?

Thanks!
I suspect that the reason why @Buletruck recommended applying after 5 months, is because that will give `Maintained Status' while the application is being reviewed. She will still have legal status, whereas if she applies too early, it's redundant...because she would still have status for 3-4 months. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
I suspect that the reason why @Buletruck recommended applying after 5 months, is because that will give `Maintained Status' while the application is being reviewed. She will still have legal status, whereas if she applies too early, it's redundant...because she would still have status for 3-4 months. Hopefully that makes sense to you.
Sure. Thanks @Ponga that makes sense. All of the above answer helps.