+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can an Indian passport be renewed in Canada while on a tourist visa?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,
I plan to extend my parents stay in Canada by applying for a visitor record to avoid any further travel during the pandemic.
They are here on a visitor visa and have another 3 months stay left from their initial 6 month period from their arrival date.
The plan is to extend the stay for another 4-5 months hoping the pandemic will subside and some sort of normalcy would have returned by then with vaccination and what not.
Their passport will expire in about 11 months. So in such a situation, can I get their Indian Passport renewed in Canada while on a visitor visa?
Or should I be asking if an Indian passport can be renewed in Canada while on a visitor visa to begin with?
Will appreciate responses from people experienced attempted/done/doing this.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
I plan to extend my parents stay in Canada by applying for a visitor record to avoid any further travel during the pandemic.
They are here on a visitor visa and have another 3 months stay left from their initial 6 month period from their arrival date.
The plan is to extend the stay for another 4-5 months hoping the pandemic will subside and some sort of normalcy would have returned by then with vaccination and what not.
Their passport will expire in about 11 months. So in such a situation, can I get their Indian Passport renewed in Canada while on a visitor visa?
Or should I be asking if an Indian passport can be renewed in Canada while on a visitor visa to begin with?
Will appreciate responses from people experienced attempted/done/doing this.
it is possible. Read the checklist document and it mentions documents needed on visitor visa
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-Passport-Re-Issue-Checklist-Rev-11-6-MARCH-10-2021.pdf

Reactions: s23srinivas