Can affidavit replace Birthcertificate?

LinaM

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hai Friends,

I got ITA in Newbrunswick and we are about to submit our application. But in document check list it is asked to submit the birth certificates of both Primary applicant as well as for spouse too. I am PA, have my Birthcertificate but my spouse dont have his birth certificate. We got affidavit from his father with his passport details and TC(bachelors degree for which ECA has done). Can I use this affidavit as the replacement for his birth certificate? Need advice.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LinaM said:
Hai Friends,

I got ITA in Newbrunswick and we are about to submit our application. But in document check list it is asked to submit the birth certificates of both Primary applicant as well as for spouse too. I am PA, have my Birthcertificate but my spouse dont have his birth certificate. We got affidavit from his father with his passport details and TC(bachelors degree for which ECA has done). Can I use this affidavit as the replacement for his birth certificate? Need advice.
I have seen people on the forums use the combination of afidavit + passport + secondary school leaving certificate as a replacement for a birth certificate, so I think that might work.
That said, I did see someone on the forum who claims they were rejected because their school leaving certificate did not have their parents' names on it.

So that combination of documents has worked for some people, but it is not a guaranteed method.
You might want to contact someone at NBPNP and ask.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sybmitted passport + school leaving certificate (no affidavit) for express entry. It worked for me. Better to check with nbpnp.

joyaman

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-05-2016 sinp
AOR Received.
09-06-2016 cic
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LinaM said:
Hai Friends,

Dear, Ita better to arrange Non available birth certificate from your local munciple cooperation, it Hardy take 7-10 days, + 10th class education document might work