+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a visa officer make a mistake/error?? Please help.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Hello, I sent in my application for the study permit a month ago. It was once rejected(around early May) but I rectified all the issues and submitted the correct documentations this time. I got a reply from the embassy in Abu Dhabi today. My application was refused. When I read the refusal letter to know what the reasons for the rejection are, I realized that the letter sent to me was for a Temporary Resident Visa application, not the study permit application. The letter didn't indicate anything related to study as it is in the previous one. I compared the format of the letter with my previous refusal letter and it's completely different. (My mother once applied for the TRV(Visitor's visa), it was refused and they sent in the refusal letter. so I know what the letter looks like).

The reasons for refusal stated today, was immigration status in country of residence, financial support and purpose of visit. I submitted ALL the required documents for the study permit application. I didn't apply for a visitor's visa. Why did the visa officer give me an information related to what I didn't apply for. I'm really confused. Do you think there is an error somewhere? Was my application not processed properly, has this ever happened before?

Yisetcsb

Sep 5, 2019
Hello, I sent in my application for the study permit a month ago. It was once rejected(around early May) but I rectified all the issues and submitted the correct documentations this time. I got a reply from the embassy in Abu Dhabi today. My application was refused. When I read the refusal letter to know what the reasons for the rejection are, I realized that the letter sent to me was for a Temporary Resident Visa application, not the study permit application. The letter didn't indicate anything related to study as it is in the previous one. I compared the format of the letter with my previous refusal letter and it's completely different. (My mother once applied for the TRV(Visitor's visa), it was refused and they sent in the refusal letter. so I know what the letter looks like).

The reasons for refusal stated today, was immigration status in country of residence, financial support and purpose of visit. I submitted ALL the required documents for the study permit application. I didn't apply for a visitor's visa. Why did the visa officer give me an information related to what I didn't apply for. I'm really confused. Do you think there is an error somewhere? Was my application not processed properly, has this ever happened before?
Hi, did you get any answer for this application? I’m in a similar situation. My refusal letter states that i didn’t disclosed a previous US visa refusal but in my application form imm 5257 I did check the box of previous visa refusal an then in the section below i explained that i had been denied a us visa 2 years ago with the dates. On top of that in my letter of intention I explained again that i had been denied a us visitor visa an the exact dates. Obviously my application documents weren’t well reviewed. I wrote the office about this but I didn’t received any answers

Reactions: Ramanjeetkaur1994

Will Fishier

Oct 3, 2019
Although they don't admit, visa officers are not perfect. Usually, they don't provide the opportunity to appeal for a temporary residence application and quite often, you just re-apply. There is a phone you can call, but it won't be very helpful. I recommend you hire a professional to review your materials and get suggestions before your next move.

Reactions: Ramanjeetkaur1994