+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a study permit reject after PPR

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It says in your letter,
“A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):”

So come clean and explain that the refusals and maybe it will be overturned. However don’t expect a study permit.
Cmon, it sounds like procedural fairness letter rather than outright ban as the letter clearly states to respond within 15 days or else permit will be refused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Cmon, it sounds like procedural fairness letter rather than outright ban as the letter clearly states to respond within 15 days or else permit will be refused.
As I said he needs to respond to the letter and explain the refusals. He only has 15 days.

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
Received passport request in December 2020 submitted passport in January 2021 and today i received a refusal from IRCC!!!!!!!!! Just confused. Why would ircc request for medical, Passport request and refuse my application after waiting for 1 year while my cic account was updated to be approved.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Received passport request in December 2020 submitted passport in January 2021 and today i received a refusal from IRCC!!!!!!!!! Just confused. Why would ircc request for medical, Passport request and refuse my application after waiting for 1 year while my cic account was updated to be approved.
What reasons for refusal in refusal letter?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Did you change DLI or program and sent new LOA while your application was in progress?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
what was the reason in the refusal letter ? did you change your dli ? did u study online and didn't get enrolled for next semester ? or did you lie in your application form about previous refused visas ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
what was the reason in the refusal letter ? did you change your dli ? did u study online and didn't get enrolled for next semester ? or did you lie in your application form about previous refused visas ?
It's frustrating when someone comes on here and makes an alarming post without providing important information about their situation. It seems this person deregistered or took a break from their school after they got PPR. Perhaps IRCC found out.

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
It's frustrating when someone comes on here and makes an alarming post without providing important information about their situation. It seems this person deregistered or took a break from their school after they got PPR. Perhaps IRCC found out.
Yes i took a study break because the school requested so i qualify for a refund should my visa be refused. I'm still a student of the school till date. The study break was way before i received ppr. However i submitted my passport to the VFS in Accra on the 5th January 2021 after receiving passport request from IRCC and till today as we speak I have not received any further updates were as they refused and approved application on the 25th May 2021

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
I didn't change dli. I received AIP and was instructed to study online as instructed by IRCC as i was enrolled for SEP 2020 intake. However i didn't hear anything regarding my application after medicals so the school advised i take a study break to qualify for a refund shld the application be refused. Luckily enough i got ppr 31st December and submitted my passport 5th Jan 2021 and since then did hear anything for the past 23 weeks only to receive a refusal letter on the 25th May 2021.why would ircc do that! Yet up till date my passport hasn't been returned yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn't change dli. I received AIP and was instructed to study online as instructed by IRCC as i was enrolled for SEP 2020 intake. However i didn't hear anything regarding my application after medicals so the school advised i take a study break to qualify for a refund shld the application be refused. Luckily enough i got ppr 31st December and submitted my passport 5th Jan 2021 and since then did hear anything for the past 23 weeks only to receive a refusal letter on the 25th May 2021.why would ircc do that! Yet up till date my passport hasn't been returned yet
But what did your refusal letter state?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You can copy&paste reasons on the refusal letter... I know its frustrating but they can even refuse after PPR.

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
You can copy&paste reasons on the refusal letter... I know its frustrating but they can even refuse after PPR.
They can? So why issue ppr when u will refuse visa. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, the VO said he's not satisfied i have sufficient funds which includes assets and income even after who's a balance of 25,000 CAD in my acc quiet funny & frustrating. He also said he's not satisfied i will return to my home country, and that i wnt get a job in my country when i return which will eventually make me stay. He also talked abt financial status, and also he's not satisfied I'm a bona fide student, further more all attempts to verify bank statement failed which isn't true cos my bank confirmed to them it was genuine after they contacted them to check if it was issued by the bank. But later the VO is saying attempts to verify bank statement failed. And they still have passport in their possession after 24 weeks of waiting!!!!!

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
They can? So why issue ppr when u will refuse visa. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, the VO said he's not satisfied i have sufficient funds which includes assets and income even after who's a balance of 25,000 CAD in my acc quiet funny & frustrating. He also said he's not satisfied i will return to my home country, and that i wnt get a job in my country when i return which will eventually make me stay. He also talked abt financial status, and also he's not satisfied I'm a bona fide student, further more all attempts to verify bank statement failed which isn't true cos my bank confirmed to them it was genuine after they contacted them to check if it was issued by the bank. But later the VO is saying attempts to verify bank statement failed. And they still have passport in their possession after 24 weeks of waiting!!!!!

So you got PPR, then your status changed to rejected?

Rare case, never seen this happen before, unless some criminal activity was conducted.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Might've been a mistake from IRCC.
Get GCMS notes to find out what really happened.