+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a refugee study in Canadaian universites?

Canada444

Nov 27, 2016
Hello everyone

I want to ask if an 18 year old is accepted as a refugee in Canada, will he be able to study in any Canadian university through a loan or not? Provided that he of course knows English and proved it. Because I have heard that Canada does not accept high school diplomas and that he actually have to repeat all 3 years of high school in order to enroll in university, is that true?

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Sure you can if you meet up with minimum qualification for the University and your Ossap is approved

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada444 said:
Hello everyone

I want to ask if an 18 year old is accepted as a refugee in Canada, will he be able to study in any Canadian university through a loan or not? Provided that he of course knows English and proved it. Because I have heard that Canada does not accept high school diplomas and that he actually have to repeat all 3 years of high school in order to enroll in university, is that true?
you need three things
1-Admission from the university

see the admission requirements of the university: Diploma (high school) translated, proof of English such as TOFEL and other. He does not have to repeat the high school again if he has a diploma. All he needs to translate it if it's not in English

2- Funds: Either student loans such as The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) other programs OR if you are wealthy and have a job you can pay for university from your own money

3- Study permit