+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a refugee claimant get CSQ before attending his hearing

ze12

May 14, 2022
Hi guys hope u all doing well
I was wondering if a refugee claimant can get CSQ before attending his hearing. I am asking this question cause when I go to the site of the CSQ they say that a "person to be protected" has the right to apply to a CSQ. But to be honest I'm lost! What does "person to be protected" mean, is it a refugee claimant ? If that's the case, does having the brown paper qualify you as a person to be protected ?
If not how can you become one, is it through attending the IRB hearing ? But wouldn't that make you a protected person and not a person to be protected ?

https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-contenu/immigration/formulaires/fr/FO_Demande_selection_permanente_Refugie_Canada_A0520DF.pdf?1645199251
Here's a link in case you wanna check it. You'll just have to read the first two sentences, it's in French however

Thanks in advance <3

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys hope u all doing well
I was wondering if a refugee claimant can get CSQ before attending his hearing. I am asking this question cause when I go to the site of the CSQ they say that a "person to be protected" has the right to apply to a CSQ. But to be honest I'm lost! What does "person to be protected" mean, is it a refugee claimant ? If that's the case, does having the brown paper qualify you as a person to be protected ?
If not how can you become one, is it through attending the IRB hearing ? But wouldn't that make you a protected person and not a person to be protected ?

https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-contenu/immigration/formulaires/fr/FO_Demande_selection_permanente_Refugie_Canada_A0520DF.pdf?1645199251
Here's a link in case you wanna check it. You'll just have to read the first two sentences, it's in French however

Thanks in advance <3
The answer to your question is no, you cannot apply before the hearing.

Protected person status is what you receive if your hearing is successful and you are accepted as a refugee. So you have to wait until after the hearing and until after you have a positive result before you can apply for CSQ.