+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a PR holder for a year, invite a friend/famiy for a visit?

tcoy0204

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Heya Guys..

Im a PR holder for a year can I invite my friend or family member for a short holiday? I do have work full time. And a place to stay.

Thanks in advance!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tcoy0204 said:
Heya Guys..

Im a PR holder for a year can I invite my friend or family member for a short holiday? I do have work full time. And a place to stay.

Thanks in advance!
Absolutely! They can even visit Canada on their own, without your invitation (provided they have nothing that would make them inadmissible, of course).

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure you can invite but the chances of a visa are really based on whether the visa post believe the applicant is a bona fide visitor....the profile is the more solid ties (read reputable employment) you have back home that compel you to return the more likely the visa will be issued. Check out the visitor section of the forum it will detail what gets you home and dry and what gets you bounced.

As a side issue visa posts tend to see past the 'friend' tag real quick given that in Canada you can get sponsored for PR under the family class even as a visitor or an overstayer...most other G8 nations appear to have closed this loophole off.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody can apply for a visit visa but the odds of getting a visa may be increased if they have a person in Canada who is inviting them. If their problem is lack of funds, it would help if the person in Canada writes a letter stating that they will vouch for them as well as showing some bank statements or pay slips.

It does however have to be clear that it is only a visit. In some cases, a relationship to a person in Canada can hurt your chances of getting a visit visa, mainly if it is a spouse or a fiance. In those cases, immigration often refuses to believe that the person only wants to visit and believes they want to stay on.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
As a side issue visa posts tend to see past the 'friend' tag real quick given that in Canada you can get sponsored for PR under the family class even as a visitor or an o verstayer...most other G8 nations appear to have closed this loophole off. Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Last edited: