+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a PR(Express Entry) holder land in Quebec?

mk2989

Feb 12, 2017
Hi All,

Have couple of doubts and will be great if someone can answer these questions

1. Can I do my first landing in Quebec? I have got PR visa through Express entry.
2. If I land in Toronto, Can i give Montreal address to receive my PR card?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

1. Can I do my first landing in Quebec? I have got PR visa through Express entry.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

1. As you did not apply through Quebec, you can be refused landing.

2. You should not give a Quebec address. Again, as you did not apply through Quebec, it could cause you problems.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Quebec has different immigration process than the rest of the Canada.
I don't think you are allowed landing in Quebec.
For point 2, I am not sure. It could be possible as Quebec is within Canada.

mk2989

Feb 12, 2017
Thanks for your reply Harry & Canuck.

Can anyone can give a certain reply for this? As per CIC, PR holder(FSW) can live and work anywhere in Canada. Not sure why few people saying otherwise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can anyone can give a certain reply for this? As per CIC, PR holder(FSW) can live and work anywhere in Canada. Not sure why few people saying otherwise.
What you do not understand is that you are NOT a PR holder until you complete the landing procedure. If you intent to land in Montreal and such is your final destination then the officer has every right to reject you on the spot.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

No one has said you can't live in Quebec once you are already a PR. You can be refused LANDING in Quebec. Big difference.

khsreeharsha

Jan 10, 2019
What you do not understand is that you are NOT a PR holder until you complete the landing procedure. If you intent to land in Montreal and such is your final destination then the officer has every right to reject you on the spot.
what if i my itenary says that my destination is toronto via montreal. Its like a connecting flight

M Sid

Apr 18, 2022
My COPR mentions Toronto as my Port of Entry. Can I land directly in Alberta so that I can avail its health benefits (health coverage from Day 1)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My COPR mentions Toronto as my Port of Entry. Can I land directly in Alberta so that I can avail its health benefits (health coverage from Day 1)?
Did you apply through FSW / Express Entry? If so, then yes, you can do that.

Make sure you plan to live in Alberta for at least 6 months after the child is born. Don't have plans to switch provinces.

M Sid

Apr 18, 2022
Did you apply through FSW / Express Entry? If so, then yes, you can do that.

Make sure you plan to live in Alberta for at least 6 months after the child is born. Don't have plans to switch provinces.
Yes, EE (FSW).

We plan for a two-week soft landing. My wife's due in December, so we'll come back later for the delivery and want the health coverage.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, EE (FSW).

We plan for a two-week soft landing. My wife's due in December, so we'll come back later for the delivery and want the health coverage.
Be sure to get travel insurance for the two weeks Toronto trip.