01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hi All,

I will be doing first landing in Canada. I have bought a ticket. The flight route is as follows:-

Qatar--->> Montreal (2.5 hour) --->> Toronto

My queries are:-

1. My initial immigration formalities will be done at Montreal or Toronto? If Montreal, then do I need to be worried? Will they make any problem for me at the airport saying that I should've landed in Toronto.

2. When I give address for my PR Card delivery in Toronto, it doesn't matter right? I mean it doesn't matter that my POE is Montreal but I give address for PR card delivery for a location in Toronto, right?
3. If I miss my local flight from Montreal to Toronto due to immigration formalities, is it really tough to get a replacement. My local flight from Montreal to Toronto is via West Jet.

Do let me know from your experiences. Thank you.

Sameer.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi All,

I will be doing first landing in Canada. I have bought a ticket. The flight route is as follows:-

Qatar--->> Montreal (2.5 hour) --->> Toronto

My queries are:-

1. My initial immigration formalities will be done at Montreal or Toronto? If Montreal, then do I need to be worried? Will they make any problem for me at the airport saying that I should've landed in Toronto.

2. When I give address for my PR Card delivery in Toronto, it doesn't matter right? I mean it doesn't matter that my POE is Montreal but I give address for PR card delivery for a location in Toronto, right?
3. If I miss my local flight from Montreal to Toronto due to immigration formalities, is it really tough to get a replacement. My local flight from Montreal to Toronto is via West Jet.

Do let me know from your experiences. Thank you.

Sameer.
1. No problem.
2. This is the right thing to do, give them your Toronto address.
3. If you miss your connection, go to a westjet counter and explain the reason, shouldn't be a big problem and most likely not even cost any money.

Nav1501

Apr 26, 2022
Hi All,

I will be travelling Lufthansa from Mumbai-Munich-Montreal-Calgary. All are connecting flights as per my itinerary with baggage transfer handled by the airline. I am entering Canada first time with PR

1. Will my initial immigration procedure happen in Montreal or Calgary?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I will be travelling Lufthansa from Mumbai-Munich-Montreal-Calgary. All are connecting flights as per my itinerary with baggage transfer handled by the airline. I am entering Canada first time with PR

1. Will my initial immigration procedure happen in Montreal or Calgary?
Montreal is your first port of entry in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is that an issue?
2 hours layover might be an issue especially if there are lots of people lining up. I would suggest at least 4 hours if you take current advisory security clearance for domestic connections into consideration.

Naveen1501

Apr 9, 2022
2 hours layover might be an issue especially if there are lots of people lining up. I would suggest at least 4 hours if you take current advisory security clearance for domestic connections into consideration.
Well I have my tickets booked. So will have to take a chance with it now. And hope for the best

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Well I have my tickets booked. So will have to take a chance with it now. And hope for the best
Hey I have a similar upcoming itinerary in July. I, too will be landing first time as a PR. Could you please share your experience with the immigration at Montreal?

Naveen1501

Apr 9, 2022
Hey I have a similar upcoming itinerary in July. I, too will be landing first time as a PR. Could you please share your experience with the immigration at Montreal?
hey Aham, the original flight I booked was cancelled by Lufthansa and they gave me an alternative flight which made me land directly to Calgary. So unfortunately, will not be able to help here.