+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a mother invite her son as a visitor even though she didn't declare him when she immigrated to Canada?

mr42une

May 10, 2024
Hi,
Can a mother invite her son whom she didn't declare from the beginning when she immigrated to Canada, and now she is a citizen. Can she invite him as her son to visit or what can be advised in this situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Can a mother invite her son whom she didn't declare from the beginning when she immigrated to Canada, and now she is a citizen. Can she invite him as her son to visit or what can be advised in this situation?
The invitation is the least important part. Your son has to show his own funds, travel history, ties to home country. You can invite him to come.

mr42une

May 10, 2024
Okay thank you.
What if she has been responsible for his upkeep and all.?
Will she have to provide a proof of funds

mr42une

May 10, 2024
The invitation is the least important part. Your son has to show his own funds, travel history, ties to home country. You can invite him to come.
Okay thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay thank you.
Son needs to show own funds. If you say responsible for all costs then IRCC will be concerned he will not leave and cannot afford to come. How long is visit? How much money is he showing? Ties to return?

mr42une

May 10, 2024
Okay thank you he is currently a Medical Student, just having a semester break, he will be spending 3 months before returning to continue his clinical rotations in the US. His mum has been responsible for his school funding. So I believe the ties will his school.?
So I guess since he doesn't have any funds to show he shouldn't apply for the visit

mr42une

May 10, 2024
Son needs to show own funds. If you say responsible for all costs then IRCC will be concerned he will not leave and cannot afford to come. How long is visit? How much money is he showing? Ties to return?
Okay thank you he is currently a Medical Student, just having a semester break, he will be spending 3 months before returning to continue his clinical rotations in the US. His mum has been responsible for his school funding. So I believe the ties will his school.?
So I guess since he doesn't have any funds to show he shouldn't apply for the visit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No if he is the US, he has a better chance because he has status in the country. He may not be asked for funds in his application because of US status. He needs to show job letter with approved leave. Don’t ask for 3 months. Ask for a 3 week visit.

mr42une

May 10, 2024
No if he is the US, he has a better chance because he has status in the country. He may not be asked for funds in his application because of US status. He needs to show job letter with approved leave. Don’t ask for 3 months. Ask for a 3 week visit.
Okay thanks, this is very helpful