+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Government Employee in India apply for PR

prabh70

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Members,

I have a query:

I am a Punjab government employee and want to apply for PR through express entry process. I came to know that there is no provision to apply until i am in service. Is it true?
Has gov stopped giving NOC for the same.

Regards

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Hello Members,

I have a query:

I am a Punjab government employee and want to apply for PR through express entry process. I came to know that there is no provision to apply until i am in service. Is it true?
Has gov stopped giving NOC for the same.

Regards
Your question is very confusing. Can you clarify what your doubt is ?

prabh70

Oct 27, 2017
Actualy my question is
Bieng a punjab gov emp i came to know that gov do not give permission to apply for PR.
Its an illeagel activity if a punjab gov emp applies for PR.
Is it so?
Or they give permission for the same.

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Actualy my question is
Bieng a punjab gov emp i came to know that gov do not give permission to apply for PR.
Is it so?
I believe that has nothing to do with immigrating to Canada. Is up to the Punjab Government to determine whether an employee should be held liable for applying for PR in another country using a Punjab Government experience. But as far as Canadian immigration concerns, as long as you fall under valid NOC 0, A, B and meet the other requirements, you should be able to apply for PR.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Actualy my question is
Is it so?
i am a govt employee too in punjab... ircc dont ask u for NOC from govt. and i havn't come accross anywhere that govt employees cannot apply for PR. moreover few of my known people have got PR being in govt service.NOC is required for ex india leave, that too is not that much mandatory.
i dont think that we cannot apply for PR. few months back my frine dgot his PR on spouse basis being in govt service. earlier too i have seen people getting PR.

prabh70

Oct 27, 2017
i am a govt employee too in punjab... ircc dont ask u for NOC from govt. and i havn't come accross anywhere that govt employees cannot apply for PR. moreover few of my known people have got PR being in govt service.NOC is required for ex india leave, that too is not that much mandatory.
i dont think that we cannot apply for PR. few months back my frine dgot his PR on spouse basis being in govt service. earlier too i have seen people getting PR.
Thanks for the reply.
So you applied with NOC from your deptt or without that?
And if i will ask my department for same, do you think they will provide or not?

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Thanks for the reply.
And if i will ask my department for same, do you think they will provide or not?
u do not need no objection certificate from ur department for applying in EE.
no objection certificate from department s sometimes required from travel visas. immigration officer sometimes asks for that.i have not taken no obj certificate any time i applied for travel visas or when i traveled. So chill. just calculate ur scores and apply. choose ur NOC (this NOC is not no objection certificate), this is the category u have experience in.

prabh70

Oct 27, 2017
no objection certificate from department s sometimes required from travel visas. immigration officer sometimes asks for that.i have not taken no obj certificate any time i applied for travel visas or when i traveled. So chill. just calculate ur scores and apply. choose ur NOC (this NOC is not no objection certificate), this is the category u have experience in.
Yes that i know Noc is job profile.
But i was worried that today i will apply without permission but when i will have to submit exp letter for express entry how will i arrange it from my office

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Thanks for the reply.
department only provides no objection certificates for making passports or small period ex-india leaves.i dont think they will provide that certificate for immigration purposes, u already know how punjab govt departments work. rest is upto u.
if u want to try getting one , then go ahead. but ircc hasnt asked me of no objection certificate tilll now..i am in NA2 stage and my file is already in new delhi visa office for processing after initial documents completed at ottawa CIO. so this means my documents are complete. now just my background check is pending, that delhi office will conduct.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Yes that i know Noc is job profile.
But i was worried that today i will apply without permission but when i will have to submit exp letter for express entry how will i arrange it from my office
ya thats the issue. but u might contact the clerk that u need a experience certificate which should mention ur primary jobs, ur annual salary and working hours and the time period of ur job. its upto u how to handle the clerks. i did that. u can say that u need it for something( find a reason and try )

prabh70

Oct 27, 2017
ya thats the issue. but u might contact the clerk that u need a experience certificate which should mention ur primary jobs, ur annual salary and working hours and the time period of ur job. its upto u how to handle the clerks. i did that. u can say that u need it for something( find a reason and try )
And what if verification call goes to office?
Will it make any issue?

baljeetdiver

Jan 30, 2018
I m in same situation working in government service have got my copr but have not taken noc..... The question is have you resigned from ur job.... Did you face any difficulty while resigning ..... What reason did you mentioned while resigning or have you told them the truth that you have got copr ......because I m scared if I lol tell them about copr they may initiate departmental inquiry plzzz help me

sim1727

Jul 12, 2018
hi friends,
I am from India working in Central Government Sector for more than 15 years.
I am confused because as per Indian government rules, one must quit government service before applying for emigration to any other country.
Since government will not provide any No-Objection Certificate for this. I want to know that in this case, at what stage we should quit government job? At the time of making Profile for express entry,
After receiving of ITA ,
Or after getting COPR.
For creating pofile for express entry, do i need NOC from my office or any time after that like while submitting experience certificate and all?

Reactions: Fashion

adnanhsiddiqui

May 31, 2015
Hi, Can anyone tell me that, a person has received the Passport Request Letter but he is a Government officer, which is also mentioned on his passport, but he has the ordinary passport, same as a common person has. Would the Canadian Visa be pasted on his passport or will there be any issue raised by the High Commission or NOC will be asked from the Employer?

Geetu Hanspal

Dec 28, 2018
hi all......i hv mentioned my previous government job in personal history...does IRCC asks for any documents for jobs listed under this section???