+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can’t get a SIN.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am 21 years now. Also, I already applied for renewal under H&C. Do you have an idea how long it might take?
Actually how did you get in? If you applied with PRTD, then you should get visa of either R-1 or RC-1.

From searching in this forum, I think these are the differences.
(sorry, I copied it from one of the senior member's post but I forgot to save the link)
R-1 means that you meet the Residency obligation (either by spending 2 of past 5 years in Canada, or living with Canadian citizen spouse).
RC-1 means you didn't meet the RO, but had a valid H&C reason that was approved to overcome the RO

So that will determine how long will you need to wait for the PR card.

This discussion may or may not be useful.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-r-1-visa-whats-next.565664/page-2

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Actually how did you get in? If you applied with PRTD, then you should get visa of either R-1 or RC-1.

(sorry, I copied it from one of the senior member's post but I forgot to save the link)
R-1 means that you meet the Residency obligation (either by spending 2 of past 5 years in Canada, or living with Canadian citizen spouse).
RC-1 means you didn't meet the RO, but had a valid H&C reason that was approved to overcome the RO

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-r-1-visa-whats-next.565664/page-2
I came in through the U.S border, entered with expired PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am 21 years now. Also, I already applied for renewal under H&C. Do you have an idea how long it might take?
When did you apply? It can take many months to determine an H&C case given covid expect even more delays. Very hard to know exactly how long. Many cases take 6+ months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Assume they entered via the US and then discovered they couldn’t get a SIN card so then applied for a PR card based on H&C.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You know them?
Not sure which farmers markets you do your shopping. But for Vancouver Farmers markets, they are pretty straight in selecting their vendors. (newer vandors needed to proof themselves in smaller scale markets before they are allowed to host a booth at major markets. And have regular schedule)
I am sure they will not allow illegal labours in their markets. If reported, they will deal with it seriously.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure which farmers markets you do your shopping. But for Vancouver Farmers markets, they are pretty straight in selecting their vendors. (newer vandors needed to proof themselves in smaller scale markets before they are allowed to host a booth at major markets. And have regular schedule)
I am sure they will not allow illegal labours in their markets. If reported, they will deal with it seriously.
How about the people selling stuff outside the Vancouver Flea market?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would plan on at least 6 months since that's more or less the processing time for a PR card renewal right now. Keep in mind that it may take longer in your case since you're requesting the renewal under H&C.

Reactions: canuck78